July, 2009 – November, 2009: Visiting Scholar, Department of Renewable Resources, University of Alberta, Canada
September, 2004.9 – June, 2010: Ph.D. (Forest Ecology) Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Mengla, Yunnan, China
2000.9 –2004.7: B.Sc. (Ecology) School of Life Sciences, Yunnan University, Kunming, Yunnan, China
August, 2012 – : associate professor (Forest Ecology) Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Mengla, Yunnan, China
August, 2012 – December, 2014: assistant professor (Forest Ecology) Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Mengla, Yunnan, China
August, 2010 – June, 2012: Postdoctoral fellow (Forest Ecology) Research Institute of Tropical Forestry, Chinese Academy of Forestry, Guangzhou, Gugangdong, China.
Mechanism in shaping microbial (fungi) and tree species community assembly
Species, phylogenetic and functional diversity
Species distribution modeling
Point pattern and process
Climate change effects on plant
2014 – 2016, 0.26 M, A study of spatio-temporal distribution patterns of forest common and rare tree species, principal investigator, NSFC.
2013 – 2015, 0.1 M, Study of Mechanisms underlying tree dynamics of Bubeng 20-ha tropical fores, principal investigator, West light foundation.
1. Hu, Y.H., Kitching R.L., Lan G.Y., Zhang J.L., Sha L.Q., Cao M. (2014) Size-Class Effect Contributes to Tree Species Assembly through Influencing Dispersal in Tropical Forests. PLoS ONE 9(9): e108450.
2. Hu, Y.H., Sheng D.Y., Xiang Y.Z., Yang Z.J., Xu D.P., Zhang N.N., Shi L.L. (2013) The Environment, Not Space, Dominantly Structures the Landscape Patterns of the Richness and Composition of the Tropical Understory Vegetation. PLoS ONE 8(11): e81308
3. Hu, Y.H., Sha, L.Q., Blanchet, F.G., Zhang, J.L., Tang, Y., Lan, G.Y. & Cao, M. (2011) Dominant species and dispersal limitation regulate tree species distributions in a 20-ha plot in Xishuangbanna, Southwest China. Oikos 121: 952-960.
4. Hu, Y.H., Lan, G.Y., Sha, L.Q., Cao, M., Tang, Y., Li, Y.D. Xu, D.P. (2012) Strong Neutral Spatial Effects Shape Tree Species Distributions across Life Stages at Multiple Scales. PLoS ONE 7: e38247.
5. Lan, G.Y., Hu, Y.H., Cao, M., Zhu, H. (2011) Topography related spatial distribution of dominant tree species in a tropical rain forest in China. Forest Ecology and Management 262: 1507-1513
6. Lan, G.Y., Getzin S., Wiegand T., Hu, Y.H., Zhu H., Cao M. 2012. Spatial distribution and interspecific associations of the canopy species in a tropical seasonal rain forest of China. PLoS ONE 7: e46074.
7. Lan, G.Y., Zhu, H., Cao, M., Hu, Y.H., Wang, H., Deng, X. et al. (2009) Spatial dispersion patterns of trees in a tropical rainforest in Xishuangbanna, southwest China. Ecological Research 5: 117-1124.
8. Velden N. v. d., Ferry-Slik J. W., Hu, Y.H., Lan, G., Lin, L., Deng, X. and Poorter, L. (2014) Monodominance of Parashorea chinensis on fertile soils in a Chinese tropical rain forest. Journal of Tropical Ecology 30(4): 311-322.
9. Hu, Y.H., Cao, M., Lin L.X. (2010) Dynamics of tree species composition and community structure of a tropical seasonal rain forest in Xishuangbanna, SW China between 1993 and 2007. Acta Ecologica Sinica 30: 0949-0957. (with English abstract)
10. Lan, G.Y., Hu, Y.H., Cao, M., Zhu, H., Wang, H., Zhou S.S., et al. 2008. Establishment of Xishuangbanna tropical forest dynamics plot-species composition and spatial distribution pattern. Acta Phytoecologica Sinica 32: 287-298. (with English abstract)
11. Cao, M., Zhu, H., Wang, H., Lan, G.Y., Hu, Y.H., Zhou S.S., et al. (2008) Xishuangbanna Tropical Seasonal Rainforest Dynamics Plot: Tree Distribution Maps, Diameter Tables and Species Documentation [M]. Yunnan Science and Technology Press, Kunning, China.
Skills Using R statistical language to conduct many statistical analyses in R, such as ANOVA, path model (SEM), regression (SAR, GLM, GLMM, MRM…), ordination (RDA, CCA, NMDS, PCoA, variation partitioning…), point pattern and process (K-function, Ihomogeneous Thomas process…), phylogentic and functional diversity analyses, geostatistics, species distribution modeling…