Professor, Senior Engineer, and Director of Public Technology Service Center
Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden (XTBG), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Menglunzhen, Mengla, Xishuangbanna, Yunnan, China 666303
Tel: 011-86-0691-8713058; 011-86-0871-65145648
Dec. 2010 – Present: Director of XTBG Public Technical Service Center (It is composed of Central Laboratory and Biogeochemistry Laboratory, see Website: http://english.xtbg.cas.cn/rh/ss/bl/201405/t20140529_121935.html), Professor, and Senior Engineer
Dec. 1996 – Dec. 2010: Director of XTBG Biogeochemistry Laboratory, Associate Professor, and Senior Engineer
Jul. 1985 – Dec. 1996: Started working in Kunming Institute of Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and became Assistant Professor
Sep. 1981 – Jul. 1985: Chemistry B.S. of Analytical Chemistry in Yunnan University
1. 2010 – Present: In support of the Chinese Academy of Sciences to build a central laboratory. Including the installation, commissioning of all equipment (Isotope Mass Spectrometry; GC-MS; LC-MS; Confocal laser scanning microscope; Scan Electronic Microscope; Illumina Miseq Gene Analyse; Liquid nitrogen production system, etc) and the operation and Maintenance of all Equipment.
2. 2008 - 2010: Laboratory design for the Central Laboratory for the Pure Water and Ultra-pure Water System (including pure water production, piping, and distribution) and other general designs (including work stations, Air Conditioning system, and piping for gas).
3. Maintenance of provincial qualification for the Biogeochemistry Laboratory.
4. Experienced analytical techniques to measure chemical elements and isotope measurements in soil, plant, and water samples (mainly for ecological process and biogeochemistry cycle studies). This includes 28 years of experience on ICP and AA, 8 years of experience on CN elemental analyzer /Vario MAX CN and Vario TOC cube, and 3 years of experience on Isotope Mass Spectrometry/IsoPrime100.
5. Management of the Central Laboratory and Biogeochemistry Laboratory to provide analytical services and data management for all XTBG research groups and external clients. This includes using GC/MS (Agilent 7890A/5975C) to measure residue pesticides and volatile organic compounds, using confocal laser or electronic microscope (Zeiss series) to analyze and scan biological samples, and using gene analyzer (Miseq) for DNA and RNA sequencing and analysis.
6. Participation in numerous research projects in XTBG. Some recent projects include:
2014: Gas chromatographic analysis of the fatty acid content, carried on an external device of isotope mass spectrometer.
2014: Research of functions and methods of improvement on using the Fiber analyzer.
2013: Application and improvement of CN elemental analyzer in Carbon and Nitrogen measurements in soil and plant samples.
2012: Development and installation of the water extract system for the analysis of 2H and 18O in soil and plant samples on Isotope Mass Spectrometer.
Su Li, Wen-Yao Liu, Da-Wen Li, Ze-Xi Lib, Liang Song, Ke Chen, Yun Fu. Slower rates of litter decomposition of dominant epiphytes in the canopy than on the forest floor in a subtropical montane forest, southwest China. Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 2014, 1-10
M. Fattet, Y. Fu, G. Ghestem. Effects of vegetation type on soil resistance to erosion: Relationship between aggregate stability and shear strength. Catena, 2011, 87:60-69.
Chan OC, Casper P, Sha LQ, Y. Fu. Vegetation cover of forest, shrub and pasture strongly influences soil bacterial community structure as revealed by 16S rRNA gene T-RFLP analysis. Fems Microbiology ecology, 2008, 64(3): 449-458．
O. C. Chan, X. D. Yang, Y. Fu, Z. L. Feng, L. Q. Sha, P. Casper, X. M. Zou. 16S rRNA gene analyses of bacterial community structures in the soils of evergreen broad-leaved forests in south-west China, FEMS Microbiol. Ecol. 2006, 58: 247–259.
X. M. Zou , H. H. Ruan , Y. Fu, X. D. Yang , L. Q. Sha. Estimating soil labile organic carbon and potential turnover rates using a sequential fumigation-incubation procedure, Soil Biology & Biochemistry, 2005,37:1923-1928.
Fu Yun, Sha Liqing. Determination of trace elements in extract of snake venom by Inductively Coupled Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectrometry, Chinese Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 2003, 31(11):1403.