Title: Principle Investigator E-mail: email@example.com
2004, B.S. College of Life Science, Peking University
2006, M.S. School of Medicine, University of Colorado
2010, Ph.D. Department of Microbiology, College of Life Science, Wuhan University
Innate immune response acts as the first line of host defense against viral infection. Germ line-encoded pattern-recognition receptors (PRRs) of the innate immune system recognize pathogen associated molecular patterns (PAMPs) derived from invading viruses, which triggers a series of cellular events, leading to the induction of type I interferons (IFNs) and proinflammatory cytokines. Our research is focused on molecular mechanisms of antiviral innate immunity and inflammation.
1. Luo WW, Li S, Li C, Zheng ZQ,Cao P,Tong Z, Lian H, Wang SY, Shu HB,& Wang Y Y*. IRhom2 is essential for innate immunity to RNA virus by antagonizing ER- and mitochondria-associated degradation of VISA. PLOS Pathogenes. November 20, 2017
2. Nie Y, Ran Y, Zhang HY, Huang ZF, Pan ZY, Wang SY, Wang YY*.GPATCH3 negatively regulates RLR-mediated innate antiviral responses by disrupting the assembly of VISA signalosome.PLOS Pathogenes, 2017 Apr; 13(4): e1006328.
3. Yang Y, Wang SY, Huang ZF, Zou HM, Yan BR, Luo WW, Wang YY*. The RNA-binding protein Mex3B is a coreceptor of Toll-like receptor 3 in innate antiviral response. Cell Reserch, 2016,26(3):288-303.
4. Ran Y, Zhang J, Liu L L, Pan ZY, Nie Y, Zhang HY, Wang YY*. Autoubiquitination of TRIM26 links TBK1 to NEMO in RLR-mediated innate antiviral immune response. Journal of Molecular Cell Biology, 2016, 8(1), 31–43. Epub 2015 Nov 26.
5. Shu HB*, Wang YY*.Adding to the STING. Immunity, 2014, 41:871-873.
6. Ning YJ, Wang ML, Deng MP, Shen S, Liu W,Cao WC, Deng F, Wang YY, Hu ZH*, Wang HL*.Viral suppression of innate immunity via spatial isolation of TBK1/IKK from mitochnndrial antiviral platform. JMCB,2014,6(4),324-337.
7. Chen HH, Pei RJ, Zhu WD, Zeng R, Wang Y, Wang YY, Lu MJ, Chen XW*. An alternative splicing isoform of MITA antagonizes MITA-mediated induction of Type I IFNs. Jounal of Immunology,2014,192(3):1162-1170.
8. Zhou Q, Lin H, Wang SY, Wang S, Ran Y, Liu Y, Ye W, Xiong XZ,Zhong B, Shu HB , Wang YY*.The ER-Associated protein ZDHHC1 is a positive regulator of DNA virus-triggered,MITA/STING-dependent innate immune signaling. Cell Host &Microbe,2014,16(4):450-461.
9. Ran Y , Shu HB, Wang YY*.MITA/STING:A central and multifaceted mediator in innate immune response. Cytokine Growth Factor Reviews,2014,25:631-639.
10. Liu ZG, Wu SW, Lei CQ, Zhou Q, Li S, Shu HB, Wang YY*.Heat shock cognate 71 (HSC71) regulates cellular antiviral response by impairing formation of VISA aggregates. Protein & Cell,2013, 4(5):373-382.
11. Yang Y, Liao B, Wang SY, Yan BR, Jin Y, Shu HB, Wang YY* .The E3 ligase WWP2 negatively regulates TLR3-mediated innate immune response by targeting TRIF for ubiquitination and degradation.PNAS,2013,110(13):5115-5120.
12. Nie Y,Wang YY*.Innate immune responses to DNA viruses.Protein &Cell,2013, 4(1):1-7. Zhang J, Hu MM, Wang YY, Shu HB*.TRIM32 protein modulates type I interferon induction and cellular antiviral response by targeting MITA/STING protein for K63-linked ubiquitination. J. Biol. Chem.,2012,287(34):28646-28655.
13. Wang YY*, Ran Y, and Shu HB*. Linear ubiquitination of NEMO brakes the antiviral response. Cell Host & Microbe ,2012,12:129-131.
14. Liu LJ, Liu TT, Ran Y, Li Y, Zhang XD, Shu HB * and Wang YY *. The E3 ubiquitin ligase MIB1 negatively regulates basal IkappaBalpha level and modulates NF-kappaB activation. Cell Research, 2012, 22:603-606.
15. Li Q, Yan J, Mao AP, Li C, Ran Y, Shu HB*, Wang YY*. Tripartite motif 8 (TRIM8) modulates TNFalpha- and IL-1beta-triggered NF-kappaB activation by targeting TAK1 for K63-linked polyubiquitination. PNAS,2011,108:19341-19346.
16. Wang YY, Liu LJ, Zhong B, Liu TT, Li Y, Yang Y, Ran Y, Li S, Tien P, Shu HB*. WDR5 is essential for assembly of the VISA-associated signaling complex and virus-triggered IRF3 and NF-kappaB activation. PNAS, 2010 ,107:815-820.
17. Zhong B, Zhang Y, Tan B, Liu TT, Wang YY, Shu HB*. The E3 ubiquitin ligase RNF5 targets virus-induced signaling adaptor for ubiquitination and degradation. Journal of Immunology, 2010,184:6249-6255.
18. Zhong B, Zhang L, Lei CQ, Li Y, Mao AP, Yang Y, Wang YY, Zhang XL, Shu HB*. The ubiquitin ligase RNF5 regulates antiviral responses by mediating degradation of the adaptor protein MITA. Immunity, 2009, 30:397-407.
19. Li Y, Li C, Xue P, Zhong B, Mao AP, Ran Y, Chen H, Wang YY, Yang FQ, Shu HB*. ISG56 is a negative-feedback regulator of virus-triggered signaling and cellular antiviral response. PNAS, 2009,106:7945-7950.
20. Zhang M, Wang RP, Wang YY, Diao FC, Lu F, Gao D, Chen DY, Zhai ZH, Shu HB*. The CXXC finger 5 protein is required for DNA damage-induced p53 activation. Sci China Ser C-Life Sci , 2009,52(6):528-538.
21. Zhong B, Yang Y, Li S, Wang YY, Li Y, Diao F, Lei C, He X, Zhang L, Tien P, Shu HB*. The adaptor protein MITA links virus-sensing receptors to IRF3 transcription factor activation. Immunity, 2008, 29:538-550.
22. Zhang B, Huang J, Li HL, Liu T, Wang YY, Waterman P, Mao AP, Xu LG, Zhai ZH, Liu D*, Marrack P*, Shu HB*. GIDE is a mitochondrial E3 ubiquitin ligase that induces apoptosis and slows growth. Cell Research, 2008, 18:900-910.
23. Tian Y, Zhang Y, Zhong B, Wang YY, Diao FC, Wang RP, Zhang M, Chen DY, Zhai ZH, Shu HB. RBCK1 negatively regulates tumor necrosis factor and interleukin-1-triggered NF-kappa B activation by targeting TAB2/3 for degradation. J. Biol. Chem.,2007,282(23):16776-16782.
24. Xu LG#, Wang YY#, Han KJ, Li LY, Zhai Z, Shu HB*. VISA is an adapter protein required for virus-triggered signaling. Molecular Cell, 2005,19:727-740.
25. Wang YY, Li L, Han KJ, Zhai Z, Shu HB*. A20 is a potent inhibitor of TLR3- and Sendai virus-induced activation of NF-kappaB and ISRE and IFN-beta promoter. FEBS Lett, 2004,576: 86-90.