Hao Lei received her Bachelor degree from University of Science and Technology of China in 1998 and her Ph.D from Princeton University in 2004. She was a postdoc in Cornell University and University of Texas at Austin from 2004 to 2008 and from 2008 to 2009, respectively. She joined the Shanghai Astronomical Observatory as a BaiRen Professor and Researcher in December of 2009. Her main research interest is the evolution of galaxies and AGNs, which involves the AGNs, Starbursts, dwarf galaxies, and high-redshift Lyman-Alpha emission-line galaxies. She is an expert on the multi-wavelength (especially optical and infrared) and statistical studies of galaxies and their black holes. She has published over 40 papers, been cited by over 3000 times, including 350 times citations on the first-author papers. She has lead or participated in various projects, including the NSFC general program, Shanghai Pujiang Talented program, and national 973 program “Astrophysics around Black Holes”. She is now leading a project of installing an IFU instrument on the 2.4m telescope (China Lijiang IFU, CHILI).
1. Xie, Yanxia, Hao, Lei, Li, Aigen (2014) “A Tale of Three Galaxies: Anomalous Dust Properties in IRASF10398+1455, IRASF21013-0739 and SDSSJ0808+3948” ApJL, in press.
2. Lyu, Jianwei; Hao, Lei; Li, Aigen (2014) “Dust in Active Galactic Nuclei: Anomalous Silicate to Optical Extinction Ratios?” ApJL, 792, 9.
3. Hao, Lei; Wu, Yanling; Charmandaris, V.; Spoon, H. W. W.; Bernard-Salas, J.; Devost, D.; Lebouteiller, V.; Houck, J. R. (2009) “Probing the Excitation of Extreme Starbursts: High-Resolution Mid-Infrared Spectroscopy of Blue Compact Dwarfs” ApJ, 704, 1159.
4. Keremedjiev, Mark; Hao, Lei; Charmandaris, Vassilis (2009) “The Mid-Infrared Narrow-Line Baldwin Effect Revealed by Spitzer” ApJ, 690, 1105.
5. Hao, Lei; Weedman, D. W.; Spoon, H. W. W.; Marshall, J. A.; Levenson, N. A.; Elitzur, M.; Houck, J. R. (2007) “The Distribution of Silicate Strength in Spitzer Spectra of AGNs and ULIRGs” ApJL, 665, 77.
6. Hao, Lei; Spoon, H. W. W.; Sloan, G. C.; Marshall, J. A.; Armus, L.; Tielens, A. G. G. M.; Sargent, B.; van Bemmel, I. M.; Charmandaris, V.; Weedman, D. W.; Houck, J. R. (2005), “The Detection of Silicate Emission from Quasars at 10 and 18 Microns”, ApJL, 625, 75.
7. Hao, Lei; Strauss, Michael A.; Fan, Xiaohui; Tremonti, Christy A.; et al. (2005) “Active Galactic Nuclei in the Sloan Digital Sky Survey. II. Emission-Line Luminosity Function”, AJ, 129, 1795.
8. Hao, Lei; Strauss, Michael A.; Tremonti, Christy A.; Schlegel, David J.; et al. (2005) “Active Galactic Nuclei in the Sloan Digital Sky Survey. I. Sample Selection”, AJ, 129, 1783.