Wang Qiming, scientist in optoelectronics. He graduated from the department of physics at Fundan University in 1956. From then on, he has been working in the Institute of Physics and the Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and has served as the director of the Institute of Semiconductors, CAS, during 1985-1995. At present, he is a fellow of the Chinese Electronic Institute and Chinese Optical Society as well as the Chairperson of the Informational Optoelectronics expert committees of Semiconductor and Integrated Technology Society, an Editor member of Chinese Science Bulletin, Progress in Nature Science, Bulletin of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Journal of Semiconductors, Acta Optica Sinica as well as an International Editor member of International Journal of High-speed Electronics and Systems.
He has been mainly engaged in research on the field of semiconductors and optoelectronics, and made outstanding contributions in particular in the following areas:
> Characterizations and measurements of semiconductors
> III-V semiconductor compounds laser diodes and optoelectronic devices
> Si-based optoelectronics devices and OEIC integrations
His current research interests include semiconductor photonic integration for application in optical communication networks, in particular, Si-based photonic devices and optoelectronic integration as well as the research on device physics.
1. Qiming Wang, Liqing Zhao, Wanru Zhuang, Jingming Chang, ChunShan Chang, Zhenqiu Wu. Superhigh differential quantum efficiency and strong self-sustained pulsation in CW DH laser diodes, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, 18(4), 595-601, 1982
2. Qiming Wang, Jianmeng Li. Computer simulations for a common-cavity two section (CCTS) bistable laser, Optical and Quantum Electronics, 19, 83-91, 1987
3. Qiming Wang, Ronghan Wu, Shiming Lin, Jianmong Li, Feike Xiong, Quansheng Zhang. An investigation of multi-functional semiconductor bistable laser. International J. of High Speed Electronics & Systems, 7(3), 43-57, 1996.
4. Qiming Wang. Reseach progress on semiconductor photonic integration. Progress in Nature Sciences, 7(2), 136-141, 1997
5. Qiming Wang, Qinqing Yang, Yuqing Zhu, Junjie Si, Yuliang Liu, Hongbing Lei, Buwen Cheng, Jinzhong Yu. Si-based optoelectronic devices and their attractive applications. Czech. J. Phys., 49, 837-848, 1999.
6. Qiming Wang, Cheng Li, Buwen Cheng, Qinqing Yang. Si-based resonant-cavity-enhanced photodetector. Optical Engineering, 40(7), 1192-1195, 2001.
7. Qiming Wang. State of the art and future prospect in development of optoelectronic devices applied in optical communication network, Bulletin of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (BCAS), 17(2), 89-94 (2002).
8. Qiming Wang. Nano-Technology and energy band engineering to promote the high efficient luminescence of Si. Progress in Physics, 2002, 22(4), 359-370.
9. Qiming Wang. The physical effects of semiconductors and high-tech optoelectronics industry. Physics, 2002, 31(7), 409-414.
10. Qiming Wang. Investigation progress on key photonic integration for application in optical communication network, Science in China, 40(1), 59-66, (2003)