Zhu Hongliang was born in Hunan, P. R. China in 1957. In 1982 he received the B. Sc. degree in Applied Physics from Hunan University, Hunan, China and in 1986 he received the M. Sc. degree in Department of Electronic Engineering from Beijing University of technology, Beijing, China. In 1989 He joined the Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, where he engaged in design and technological realization of optoelectronic devices. From 1991 to 1994 he was a visiting scholar at the Deutsche Telekom, Forschungszentrum, Darmstadt, Germany, worked on wavelength - tunable DFB lasers. From 1994 to now, he has been working mainly for III-V semiconductor optoelectronics material growth by MOVPE and manufacturing of optoelectronic devices. The current research field include semiconductor MQW lasers and their integrated devices(MQW-DFB Lasers, EA , EML and so on.), lager stress long wavelength semiconductor MQW DFB lasers, OEIC devices based on InP .
1. Zhu HongLiang, H. Hillmer et al“Self-Aligned Processing Techniques for
Semiconductor Stripe lasers” SPIE., Vol.2886, Semiconductor Laser II, PP.25-33,
2. Zhu HongLiang, H. Hillmer et al “A Novel Self-Aligned Processing Techniques
for buried heterostructure mushroom DFB lasers” Fifteenth International
Semiconductor Lasers Conference, 1996, Haifa Israel, P16, PP.109-110. 1996
3. Yan Xuejin, Zhu Hongliang, Wang Wei, et al “Growth of Fe doped semi-
insulating InP by LP-MOCVD” SPIE,Vol.3551,P.80, 1998
4. Zhu HongLiang, Han Dejun et al “blue shift of InGaAs/InGaAsP SL-MQW Laser
by shallow ion implantation” 《Chinese Journal of Semiconductors》, Vol.20,
5． Han Dejun , Zhu HongLiang et al，“Enhanced quantum well intermixing by
SiO2 overcast thermal annealing”, 《Chinese Journal of Semiconductors》，Vol.
20, pp.231-236, 1999.
6. Zhu HongLiang and Han Dejun “MQW Intermixing by ion implantation with shallow deepness”《 Optoelectronics. Laser》Vol.11, No.3, PP255-257, 2000
7. Hong liang Zhu, Guoli liu et al “AlGaInAs MQW DFB-LD For 1.51μm-1.58μm”
OECC/IOOC 2001 Conference Incorporating ACOFT, sedney, 2001.PP.539-540,
8. Zhu hongliang, Wang wei, Liu guoli and Zhang ziying.“a gain coupled laser with current modulating”，Chinese Patent of practical new type, No: 470459. Published on: 26, Dec., 2001.
9．Zhu hongliang, Wang wei, Liu guoli and Zhang jingyuan “A new method of
manufacturing plane DFB grating structure”，The applied No. of Chinese
Patent：01104431 .4。The applied date：26, Feb.,2001.
10．Luyu, Zhu hongliang, Wangwei and Zhao lingjuan, “A way to manufacture
wavelength tunable DBR lasers”, The applied No. of Chinese Patent
：02148073.7. The applied date：15, Oct.,2002.