|LIU Jian, professor, PhD supervisor. He earned B.Sc. degree from Jilin University, P.R. China in 1988. Then he joined the Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Science. He has research and education experience in different institutions from 1995 to 2005: Solid State Electronics Institute of Technical University of Vienna, Austria (scientific collaborator); Nanoscale Physics Research Laboratory in The University of Birmingham, UK (MPhil); II. Physikalisches Institut, RWTH-Aachen and Physikalisches Institut (EP III), Universität Würzburg, Germany (Dr. rer.nat./post-doc). His research background includes transport in semiconductor microstructures and its application on quantum devices, nanofabrication and demonstration of quantum devices via e-beam lithography and metallic cluster deposition, nanoscale point contacts in Spin-glass and Kondo metals, spin transport in narrow-gap magnetic semiconductor quantum structures, spin transport in half-metal Heusler films and its application on spin injection, GMR/TMR devices.
Current research interests: semiconductor quantum structures: physics and device, spintronics, and micro/nano-fabrication.
1. External Electric Field Manipulations on Structural Phase Transition of Vanadium Dioxide Nanoparticles and Its Application in Field Effect Transistor；W. W. Li, J. J. Zhu, J. R. Liang, Z. G. Hu, J. Liu, H. D. Chen, and J. H. Chu；The Journal of Physical Chemistry C (JPCC), Vol.115 (47), 23558-23563(2011).
2. Influence of magnetocrystalline anisotropy on magneto-optics in GaMnAs/ InGaAs epilayer；K. Zhu, H. Z. Zheng, H. D. Gan, H. Zhu, J. Liu, H. Zhang , G. R. Li and J. H. Zhao；Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 30, 91-95(2011).
3. Spin injection in the multiple quantum-well LED structure with the Fe/AlOx injector；WU Hao, ZHENG HouZhi, LIU Jian, LI GuiRong, XU Ping, ZHU Hui, ZHANG Hao & ZHAO JianHua；
SCIENCE CHINA: Physics, Mechanics & Astronomy, Vol.53 No.4: 649–653(2010).
4. Enhanced infrared emission from colloidal HgTe nanocrystal quantum dots on silicon-on-insulator photonic crystals；Chunxia Wang, Jürgen Roither, Raimund Kirschschlager, Maksym V. Kovalenko, Moritz Brehm, Thomas Fromherz, Qiang Kan, Pingheng Tan, Jian Liu, Hongda Chen and Wolfgang Heiss；Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 95, 053107 (2009).
5. High responsivity resonant-cavity-enhanced InGaAs/GaAs quantum-dot photodetector for a wavelength of ~1μm at room temperature；X.M. Sun, H. Zhang, H. Zhu, P. Xu, G. R. Li, J. Liu and H.Z. Zheng；Electronics Letters,Vol.45, 329-331(2009).
6. Electrical control of dynamic spin splitting induced by exchange interaction as revealed by time-resolved Kerr rotation in a degenerate spin-polarized electron gas；F. Zhang, H. Z. Zheng, Y. Ji, J. Liu and G. R. Li；Europhysics Letters, Vol. 83, 47006 (2008).
7. Analytical model of spin filtering effect and its experimental verification in a forward-biased iron- metal-Al2O3-n-type GaAs tunneling structure under optical spin orientation；W. B. Xiao, H. Z. Zheng, J. Liu, G. R. Li and J. H. Zhao; Europhysics Letters, Vol. 82, 37003(2008).
8. Fabrication of metallic air-bridges using multiple dose electron beam lithography; E. Girgis, J. Liu and M. L. Benkhedar; Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 88, 202103 (2006).
9. New type of Fano resonant tunneling via Anderson impurities in superlattice; S. J. Xu, S. - J. Xiong, J. Liu and H. Z. Zheng; Europhysics Letters, Vol. 74, 875-881(2006).
10. Exchange interaction in magnetic HgMnTe quantum well structures; Jian Liu, Hartmut Buhmann, Elena G. Novik, Yongsheng Gui, Volkmar Hock, Charles R. Becker, and Laurens W. Molenkamp; Physica Status Solidi (b) 243, No. 4, 835-838 (2006).
11. Tunneling magnetoresistance in devices based on epitaxial NiMnSb with uniaxial anisotropy; J. Liu, E. Girgis, P. Bach, C. Rüster, C. Gould, G. Schmidt, and L. W. Molenkamp; Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 99, 036110 (2006).
12. Odd filling factor quantum Hall sequence in magnetic type-III quantum wells; H. Buhmann, E.G. Novik, V. Daumer, J. Liu, Y.S. Gui, C.R. Becker, and L.W. Molenkamp; Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 86, No. 21, 2104-2106 (2005).
13. Current heating of a magnetic 2DEG in Hg 1-xMnxTe/Hg0.3Cd0.7Te quantum wells; Y.S. Gui, C.R. Becker, J. Liu, V. Daumer, M.N. Kiselev, H. Buhmann, and L.W. Molenkamp; Physical Review B, Vol. 70, 195328(2004).
14. Interplay of Rashba, Zeeman and Landau splitting in a magnetic two-dimensional electron gas; Y.S. Gui, C.R. Becker, J. Liu, V. Daumer, V. Hock, H. Buhmann, and L.W. Molenkamp; Europhysics Letters, Vol. 65, 393-399(2004).
15. Antiferromagnetic temperature and effective spin in n-type Hg1-xMnxTe; Y.S. Gui, J. Liu, K. Ortner, V. Daumer, C.R. Becker, H. Buhmann and L.W. Molenkamp; Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 79, No. 9, 1321-1323 (2001).
16. Microfabrication of nanoscale cluster chains on a patterned Si surface; Jian Liu, John C Barnard, Katrin Seeger and Richard E Palmer; Applied Physics Letters, Vol.73, No.14, 2030-2032 (1998).
17. Sequential resonant tunnelling through Landau levels in GaAs/AlAs superlattices; Jian Liu, Erich Gornik, Shijie Xu and Houzhi Zheng; Semiconductor Science and Technology, Vol.12, No.11, 1422-1424 (1997).