Xiao-Liang Wang was born in Shaanxi Province, China, in 1963. He received the B. Sc. and M. Sc. degrees in semiconductor physics in 1984 and 1990, respectively, from the Northwest University, Xi’an, China, and the Ph. D. degree in physics of semiconductors and devices in 1995 from Xi’an Institute of Optics and Precision Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
From 1984 to 1996, he worked in Physics Department, Northwest University, Xi’an, China. In 1996, he joined the Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, where he worked on GSMBE and CBE growth of and characterization of III-arsenides and III-phosphides such as InGaAs(P)/InP, InAlAs/InP and AlGaInP/GaAs and of related multilayer heterostructures such as strained layer quantum wells, and worked on MBE growth of device heterostructures and fabrication of electronic devices such as HBTs and HEMTs and optoelectronic devices such as LED and LD. He spend one month in 1997 at the Hong Kong Science and Technology University and nine months in 1999 at Hong Kong University as a Visiting Scholar, where he was involved in MBE growth and characterization of III-V nitrides.
During 1997-2001, he was an associate professor, and since 2001, has been a professor at Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China. Now, he is also a professor of the Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, and Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an, China. His field of research is MBE and MOCVD growth and characterization of III-V semiconductors and related devices. His current research interests are in MBE and MOCVD growth of and characterization of nitride materials and devices. He has published more than 40 papers since 1997.
1. Xiao-Liang Wang, Guo-Xin Hu, Jun-Xi Wang, Hong-Xin Liu, Dian-Zhao Sun, Yi-Ping Zeng, Jin-Min Li, Mei-Ying Kong and Lan-Ying Lin,“MBE-grown AlGaN/GaN HEMTs with 186 mS/mm Transconductance”, Research & Progress OF SSE, to be published in Dec., 2003.
2. M. C. Luo, X. L. Wang, J. M. Li, “Structural Properties and Raman Measurement of AlN Films Grown on Si (111) by NH3-GSMBE”, Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 249(1-2), pp.1-8, 2003.
3. Junxi Wang, Xiaoliang Wang, Dianzhao Sun, Jinmin Li, Yiping Zeng, Guoxin Hu, Hongxin Liu, Lanying Lin, "High-Mobility Ga-polarity GaN Achieved by NH3-MBE", MRS Proceedings, Vol. 743, L3.8, 2002.
4. Dianzhao Sun, Xiaoliang Wang, Guoxin Hu, Junxi Wang, Hongxin Liu, Chenghai LIU, Yiping Zeng, Jinmin Li, Lanying Lin, “ AlGaN/GaN Heterostucture Field Effect Transistor Materials Grown by Molecular Beam Epitaxy”, Research & Progress OF SSE, Vol. 22(2), pp. 202-204, 2002.
5. Dian-Zhao Sun, Guo-Xin Hu, Xiao-Liang Wang, Hong-Xin Liu, Cheng-Hai Liu, Yi-Ping Zeng, Jin-Min Li, Lan-Ying Lin, “AlGaN/GaN Polarization-induced Two-Dimensional Electron Gas Materials Grown by Radio-Frequency Plasma-assisted Molecular Beam Epitaxy, Chinese Journal of Semiconductors, Vol. 22 (11), pp. 1425-1428.
6. Jian-Ping Zhang, Xiao-Liang Wang, Dian-Zhao Sun, Mei-Ying Kong, “ Hydrogen Dependent Lattice Dilation in GaN”, Semicon. Sci. Technol., Vol. 15, pp. 619-621, 2000.
7. Jian-Bai Xia, K. W. Chen, Xiao-Liang Wang, Dian-Zhao Sun et al., “ Energy bands and acceptor binding energies of GaN”, Physical Review B, Vol. 59, pp. 10119-10124, 1999.
8. Mei-Ying Kong, Xiao-Liang Wang, Dong Pan, Yi-Ping Zeng et al., “ A comparison of photoluminescence properties of InGaAs/GaAs quantum dots with a single quantum well”, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 86, pp. 1456-1459, 1999.
9. Xiao-Liang Wang, Dian-Zhao Sun, Mei-Ying Kong, Xun Hou, Yi-Ping Zeng et al., “ GSMBE growth and characterization of InGaAs/InP strained-layer MQWs in a P-I-N configuration”, Journal of Crystal Growth, Vol. 175/176, pp. 1254, 1997.
10. Xiao-Liang Wang, Dian-Zhao Sun, Mei-Ying Kong, Xun Hou, Yi-Ping Zeng et al., “ Study of GSMBE growth and characteristics of high quality strained InGaAs/InP quantum wells”, Journal of Crystal Growth, Vol. 180, pp. 22-26, 1997.