|Location:Home >>Scientists >> Faculty and Staff
|Details of the Faculty or Staff
Building 3,Courtyard 16, Lin Cui Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101P.R. China
|Education and Appointments：
- Lanzhou University: Biology: B.A. 1986
- Kunming Institute of Botany, (CAS): Botany: MS. 1989
Aug. 1989: Research Assistant, Kunming Institute of Botany, CAS
Jul. 1997: Associate Professor, Kunming Institute of Botany, CAS
Dec. 2006: Professor, Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Mar. 2002-Sept. 2009: Deputy Director of Kunming Institute of Botany, CAS
Jun. 2006-: Head of KIB Laboratory of Ethnobotany, CAS
Mar. 2005-: Head of Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research at Kunming, CAS
1. Ethnobotany and genetic variation of neglected crops
Genetic variations of taro, Colocasia esculenta (Areaceae) under human domestication and selection.
2. Ethnobotany and conservation and sustainable use of plant resources
Medicinal plants, ritual plants and Wild vegetables, especially in SW China and Tibetan Plateau, Tibetan and other minority nationalities in China
3. Evolution and adaptation of alpine plants in the Tibetan Plateau
Salix (Salicaceae), Oxyria & Konigia (Polygonaceae), Euphorbia (Euphorbiaceae)
4. Rangeland management in the Tibetan Plateau under human activities and global change
Community based adaptation of Tibetan pastoralists to environmental and climate change in SE Tibet
Conservation and use of non-graze rangeland products in SE Tibet
- Landuse and cover analysis of Gaoligongshan National Nature Reserve (GNNR) and Surrounding Area, supported by ICIMOD
- MAPs Traditional Knowledge Network in Southwest China supported by ICIMOD
- Plant biocoding of Salix and Maianthemum supported by CAS
- Botanical Expedition and seed collection in North Tibetan Plateau supported by Ministry of Science and Technology of China(MOST).
- Construction of plant hedgerow and utilization of plant resources in Southwest China, supported by MOST
- Facilitating sustainable rangeland policy development in the Tibetan Plateau through multi-stakeholder rangeland health monitoring and assessment approach supported by Ford Foundation
- Making the Mekong Connected (MMC): Development of carbon & biodiversity assets for multifunctional landscape in the Upper Mekong, supported by BMBF, Germany
- Vice President of Botanical Society of Yunnan Province
- Board Member of the Center for Indigenous Knowledge and Biodiversity (NGO)
Collaborators and Other Affiliations
Dr. Christoph Kleinn, University of Gottingen, Germany
Dr. Gorge Miehe, Marburg University, Germany
Dr. Caroline Weckeler, Zurich University, Switzerland
Dr. Eve Emshwiller, University of Wisconsin at Madison, USA
Dr. Don Waller, University of Wisconsin at Madison, USA
Dr. Eklabya Sharma, The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development, Nepal
- Meng Ying, Nie Ze-Long, Yang Yong-Ping, Gu Zhi-Jian, Karyomorphology of Maianthemum sensu lato (Polygonatae, Ruscaceae), Journal of Plant Research, 2005, 118, 155-162.
- Jan Salick, Yang Yong-Ping, Anthony Amend, Tibetan Land Use and Change near Khawa Karpo, Eastern Himalayas, Economic Botany, 2005, 59 (4), 312-325.
- Yang Yong-Ping, Marco Stark, Christoph Kleinn, Horst Weyerhauser, Research on Non-Timer Forest Products: A Rewarding Subject for Joint Projects between Chinese and German Research Institutions, Sino-German Symposium, 2006, 7-12.
- Meng Ying, Yang Yong-Ping, Caroline S. Weckerle, Conservation status of Maianthemum species in the Hengduan Mountains: A case study analyzing the impact of new policies on wild collected plant species, Ethnobotany Research & Applications, 2006, 4, 167-173.
- Caroline S. Weckerle, Franz K. Huber, Yang Yong-Ping, Sun Wei-Bang, Plant Knowledge of the Shuhi in the Hengduan Mountains, Southwest China, Economic Botany, 2006, 60 (1), 3-23.
- Marco Stark, Dong Min, Yang Yong-Ping, Eco-certification of non-timber forest products in China: addressing income generation and biodiversity conservation needs, Ecological Economy, 2008, 4, 15-25.
- Meng Ying, Wen Jun, Nie Ze-Long, Sun Hang, Yang Yong-Ping, Phylogeny and biogeographic diversification of Maianthemum (Ruscaceae: Polygonatae), Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 2008, 49, 424-434.
- Li Yang, Zhao Yan-Li, Huang Ning, Zheng Yong-Tang, Yang Yong-Ping, Li Xiao-Li, Two New Phenolic Glycosides from Viscum articulatum, Molecules, 2008, 13 (10), 2500-2508.
- Zhao Fang, Yang Yong-Ping, Reproductive allocation in a dioecious perennial Oxyria sinensis (Polygonaceae) along altitudinal gradients, Journal of Systematics and Evolution (formerly Acta Phytotaxonomica Sinica), 2008, 46(6), 830-835.
- Chen Jia-Hui, Sun Hang, Yang Yong-Ping, Comparative morphology of leaf epidermis of Salix (Salicaceae) with special emphasis on sections Lindleyanae and Retussae, Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society, 2008, 157, 311-322.
- Chen Jia-Hui, Sun Hang, Yang Yong-Ping, Leaf Epidermal Microfeatures of Salix (Salicaceae) under Scanning Electronic Microscope and Its Taxonomical Significance, Acta Botanica Yunnanica, 2008, 30 (1), 1-7.
- Chen Jia-Hui, Sun Hang, Yang Yong-Ping, Cladistic Analysis of the Genus Salix (Salicaceae), Acta Botanica Yunnanica, 2008, 30 (1), 38-46.
- Zhang De-Quan, Yang Yong-Ping, A Statistical and Comparative Analysis of Genetic Diversity Detected by Different Molecular Markers, Acta Botanica Yunnanica, 2008, 30 (2), 159-167.
- Jia-Hui Chen, Zhi-Zhi Du, Yue-Mao Shen, and Yong-Ping Yang, Aporphine Alkaloids from Clematis parviloba and Their Antifungal Activity, Archives of Pharmacal Research 2009, 32, 3-5.
- Xiangyang Hu, Steven J. Neill. Yongping Yang and Weiming Cai, Fungal elicitor Pep-25 increases cytosolic calcium ions, H2O2 production and activates the octadecanoid pathway in Arabidopsis thaliana, Planta, 2009, 229, 1201–1208.
- Fan Deng-Mei and Yang Yong-Ping, Reproductive Performance in Two Populations of Polygonum viviparum (Polygonaceae) under Different Habitats, Acta Botanica Yunnanica, 2009, 31 (2) , 153～157.
- YANG Jun, YANG Yun-Qiang, YANG Yong-Ping, HU Xiang-Yang, The Sample Preparation and the Improvement Method of Two-Dimensional Electrophoresis of Proteins from Antiaris toxicaria (Moraceae) Seed, Acta Botanica Yunnanica, 2009, 31 (4), 357-362.
- Deng-Mei Fan and Yong-Ping Yang, Altitudinal variations in flower and bulbil production of an alpine perennial, Polygonum viviparum L. (Polygonaceae), Plant Biology, 2009, 11, 493–497.
- Xiao-Li Li, Yang Li, Si-Feng Wang, Yan-Li Zhao, Ke-Chun Liu, Xi-Min Wang and Yong-Ping Yang, Ingol and Ingenol Diterpenes from the Aerial Parts of Euphorbia royleana and Their Antiangiogenic Activities, Journal of Natural Products, 2009, 72, 1001–1005.
- Yang Li , Si-Feng Wang , Yan-Li Zhao, Ke-Chun Liu, Xi-Min Wang, Yong-Ping Yang and Xiao-Li Li , Chemical Constituents from Clematis delavayi var. spinescens, Molecules, 2009, 14, 4433-4439.
- Caroline S.Weckerle, Robert Ineichena, Franz K. Huberb, Yongping Yang, Mao’s heritage: Medicinal plant knowledge among the Bai in Shaxi, China, at a crossroads between distinct local and common widespread practice, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2009, 123, 213–228.
- Caroline S Weckerle,. Franz K.Huber, Yang Yongping, A New Hysteranthous Species of Chelonopsis (Lamiaceae) from Southwest China, Novon, 2009, 19(4):552-558
- Xuefei Yang, Andreas Wilkes, Yongping Yang, Jianchu Xu, Cheryl S. Geslani, Xueqing Yang, Feng Gao, Jiankun Yang, Brain Robinson, Common and privatized: conditions for wise management of matsutake mushrooms in Northwest Yunnan province, China. Ecology and Society, 2009. 14(2): 30.