|Location:Home >>Scientists >> Faculty and Staff
|Details of the Faculty or Staff
Building 3,Courtyard 16, Lin Cui Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101P.R. China
|Education and Appointments：
1. 1992.9－1996.7, Shandong Normal University, B.Sc. in Biological education
2. 1996.9 – 2001.7, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Ph.D in Botany
3. 1998.10-1999.1, Leiden University, Netherlands, Visiting scholar
4. 2001.11 –2002.8, Division Mediterranean Agriculture and Forest, Cemagref, France, Postdoctoral Fellow
5. 2002.9-2004.7, Institute of Geographical Sciences and Natural Resources Research
6. Chinese Academy of Sciences, Postdoctoral Fellow
7. 2005. 1-12, 2006.11-2007.5, Department of Wood Science, University of Hamburg, Germany, Humboldt research Fellowship.
8. 2008.11.-2009.3 Department of Wood Science, University of Hamburg, Germany, Senior Visiting scholar
9. 2004.8-2009.12, Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Association professor
10. 2010.1-present, Institute of Tibetan Plateau Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, professor
|Dendroecology and Dendroclimatology
- Liang E*, Wang Y, Piao S, Lu X, Camarero JJ, Zhu H, Zhu L, Ellison AM, Ciais P, Pe uelas J. 2016. Species interactions slow warming-induced upward shifts of treelines on the Tibetan Plateau. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 113(16), 4380–4385. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1520582113.
- Liang E*, Leuschner C, Dulamsuren C, Wagner B, Hauck M*. 2016. Global warming-related tree growth decline and mortality on the north-eastern Tibetan plateau. Climatic Change, 134(1): 163-176.
- Liang E*, Balducci L , Ren P , Rossi S. 2016. Xylogenesis and Moisture Stress. In Kim YS, Funada R, Singh AP (eds), Secondary Xylem Biology : Origins, Functions, and Applications. Elsevier press, pp. 25-54.
- Liu B, Wang Y, Zhu H, Liang E*, Camarero JJ. 2016. Topography and age mediate the growth responses of Smith fir to climate warming in the southeastern Tibetan Plateau. International Journal of Biometeorology, 60(10): 1577-1587.
- Lu X, Huang R, Wang Y, Dawadi B, Liang E*, Camarero JJ. 2016. Summer temperature drives radial growth of alpine shrub willows on the northeastern Tibetan Plateau. Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research, 48(3): 461–468.
- Li X, Camarero JJ, Bradley C, Liang E*, Rossi S. 2016. The onset of xylogenesis is not related to distance from the crown. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 46 (6): 885–889.
- Wang Y, Pederson N, Ellison AM, Buckley H, Case B, Liang E, Camarero JJ. 2016. Increased stem density and competition may diminish the positive effects of warming at alpine treeline. Ecology,97(7): 1668–1679.
- Wang Y*, Zhu H, Liang E, Camarero JJ. 2016. Impact of plot shape and size on the evaluation of treeline dynamics in the Tibetan Plateau. Trees, 30(4): 1045–1056
- Buckley, H. L., B. S. Case, R. Vallejos, J. J. camarero, E. Gutiérrez, E. Liang, Y. Wang, and A. M. Ellison. 2016. Detecting ecological patterns along environmental gradients: alpine treeline ecotones. Chance 29(2): 10-15.
- Li X, Rossi S, Liang E*, Camarero JJ. 2016. Temperature thresholds for the onset of xylogenesis in alpine shrubs on the Tibetan Plateau. Trees，DOI: 10.1007/s00468-016-1436-z.
- Asad F, Zhu H*, Zhang H, Liang E, Muhammad S, Farhan SB, Hussain I, Wazir MA, Ahmed M, Esper J. 2016. Are the temperature variations in the Karakoram (Pakistan) out of phase with hemispheric trends during the past 440 years? Climate Dynamics, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-016-3273-6.
- Wang Y, Liang E*, Ellison AM, Lu X, Camarero JJ. 2015. Facilitation stabilizes moisture-controlled alpine juniper shrublines in the central Tibetan Plateau. Global and Planetary Change, 132: 20-30.
- Lu X, Camarero JJ, Wang Y, Liang E*, Eckstein D. 2015. Up to 400-year old Rhododendron shrubs on the southeastern Tibetan Plateau: prospects for shrub-based dendrochronology. Boreas, 44 (4): 760-768.
- Ren P, Rossi S, Gricar J, Liang E*, Cufar K. 2015. Is precipitation a trigger of the onset of xylogenesis inJuniperus przewalskii on the northeastern Tibetan Plateau Annals of Botany, 115: 629–639.
- Liang E*, Liu W, Ren P, Dawadi B, Eckstein D. 2015. The alpine dwarf shrub Cassiope fastigiata in the Himalayas: does it reflect site-specific climatic signals in its annual growth rings Trees, 29(1): 79-86
- Deslauriers A, Rossi S, Liang E. 2015. Collecting and Processing Wood Microcores for Monitoring Xylogenesis. In Yeung, E.C.T., Stasolla, C., Sumner, M.J., Huang, B.Q. (Eds.), Plant Microtechniques and Protocols, Springer International Publishing Switzerland, pp. 417-429.
- Bi Y, Xu J, Gebrekirstos A, Guo L, Zhao M, Liang E, Yang X. 2015. Assessing drought variability since 1650 AD from tree-rings on the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, southwest China. International Journal of Climatology, 35: 4057–4065.
- Cuny HE, Rathgeber CBK, Frank D, Fonti P, Mäkinen H, Prislan P, Rossi S, del Castillo EM, Campelo F, Vavrčík H, Camarero JJ, Bryukhanova MV, Jyske T, Gričar J, Gryc V, De Luis M, Vieira J, Čufar K, Kirdyanov AV, Oberhuber W, Treml V, Huang JG, Li X, Swidrak I, Deslauriers A, Liang E, Nöjd P, Gruber A, Nabais C, Morin H, Krause C, King G, Fournier M. Woody biomass production lags stem-girth increase by over one month in coniferous forest. Nature Plants, Article Number: 15160, DOI: 10.1038/NPLANTS.2015.160.
- Liang E*, Dawadi B, Pederson N, Eckstein D. 2014. Is the growth of birch at the upper timberline in the Himalayas limited by moisture or by temperature Ecology, 95(9): 2453–2465.
- Li X, Liang E*, Gricar J, Prislan P, Rossi S, Cufar K. 2013. Age-dependence of xylogenesis and its climatic sensitivity in Smith fir on the south-eastern Tibetan Plateau. Tree Physiology, 33(1): 48–56.
- Dawadi B, Liang E*, Tian L, Devkota LP, Yao T. 2013. Pre-monsoon precipitation signal in tree rings of timberline Betula utilis in the central Himalayas. Quaternary International, 283: 72-77.
- Linderholm HW, Liu Y, Leavitt SW, Liang E. 2013. Dendrochronology in Asia. Quaternary International, 283: 1-2.
- Liang E, Ren P, Zhang S, Shao X, Eckstein D. 2013. How can Populus euphratica cope with extremely dry growth conditions at 2800 m a.s.l. on the northern Tibetan Plateau Trees, 27 (2) : 447-453
- Wang Y, Li X, Dawadi B, Eckstein D, Liang E*. 2013. Phenological variation in height growth and needle unfolding of Smith fir along an altitudinal gradient on the southeastern Tibetan Plateau. Trees, 27 (2): 401-407
- Liu B, Li Y, Eckstein D, Zhu L, Dawadi B, Liang E*. 2013. Has an extending growing season any effect on the radial growth of Smith fir at the timberline on the southeastern Tibetan Plateau? Trees, 27 (2): 441-446
- Liang E, Lu X, Ren P, Li X, Zhu L, Eckstein D. 2012. Annual increments of juniper dwarf shrubs above the tree line on the central Tibetan Plateau: a useful climatic proxy. Annals of Botany, 109: 721–728.
- Wang Y, Cufar K, Eckstein D, Liang E*. 2012. Variation of maximum tree height and annual shoot growth of Smith fir at various elevations in the Sygera Mountains, southeastern Tibetan Plateau. PLoS ONE 7(3): e31725. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0031725. PDF download: http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0031725
- Liang EY, Wang YF, Eckstein D, Luo TX. 2011. Little change in the fir tree-line position on the southeastern Tibetan Plateau after 200 years of warming. New Phytologist, 190: 760–769.
- Liang EY, Liu B, Zhu LP, Yin Z-Y. 2011. A short note on linkage of climatic records between a river valley and the upper timberline in the Sygera Mountains, southeastern Tibetan Plateau. Global and Planetary Change, 77: 97-102.
- Liu B, Liang EY*, Zhu LP. 2011. Microclimatic conditions for natural Juniperus Saltuaria treeline in the Sygera Mountains, Southeastern Tibetan Plateau. Mountain Research and Development, 31(1): 45-53.
- Liang EY, Shao XM, Eckstein D, Liu XH. 2010. Spatial variability in tree growth along a latitudinal transect in the Qilian Mountains. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 40 (2): 200-211.
- Liang EY, Yafeng Wang, Xu Y, Bo Liu, Shao XM. 2010. Growth variations in Abies georgei var. smithii along altitudinal gradients in the Sygera Mts., southeastern Tibetan Plateau. Trees-Structure and Function, 24: 363–373.
- Liang EY, Eckstein D. 2009. Dendrochronological potential of the alpine shrub Rhododendron nivale on the south-eastern Tibetan Plateau. Annals of Botany, 104 (4): 665-670.
- Liang EY, Shao XM, Xu Y. 2009. Tree-ring evidence of recent abnormal warming on the southeast Tibetan Plateau. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 98 (1-2): 9-18.
- Liang EY, Shao XM, Liu XH. 2009. Annual precipitation variation inferred from tree rings since A.D. 1770 for the western Qilian Mts., northern Tibetan Plateau. Tree-Ring Research, 65 (2): 95-103 (inside front cover) .
- Liang EY, Eckstein D, Liu HY. 2009. Assessing the recent grassland greening trend in a long-term context based on tree-ring analysis: a case study in North China. Ecological Indicators, 9 (6): 1280-1283.
- Liang EY, Eckstein D., Shao XM. 2009. Seasonal cambial activity of relict Chinese pine at the northern limit of its natural distribution in Northern China - exploratory results. IAWA Journal, 30 (4): 371–378.
- Liang EY, Shao XM, Qin NS. 2008. Tree-ring based summer temperature reconstruction for the source region of the Yangtze River on the Tibetan Plateau. Global and Planetary Change, 61(3-4): 313-320.
- Liang EY, Eckstein D., Liu H.Y. 2008. Climate-growth relationships of relict Pinus tabulaeformis at the northern limit of its natural distribution in northern China. Journal of Vegetation Science, 19: 393-406.
- Liang EY, Shao XM, Liu HY, Eckstein D. 2007. Tree-ring based PDSI reconstruction since AD 1842 in the Ortindag Sand Land, east Inner Mongolia. Chinese Science Bulletin, 52 (19): 2715-2721.
- Liang EY, Liu XH, Yuan YJ, Qin NS, Fang XQ, Huang L, Zhu HF, Wang LL, Shao XM. 2006. The 1920s drought recorded by tree rings and historical documents in the semi-arid and arid areas of northern China. Climatic Change, 79: 403-432.
- Liang EY, Shao XM, Eckstein D, Huang L, Liu XH. 2006. Topography- and species-dependent growth responses of Sabina przewalskii and Picea crassifolia to climate on the northeast Tibetan Plateau. Forest Ecology and Management, 236: 268-277.
- Liang EY, Eckstein D. 2006. Light rings in Chinese pine (Pinus tabulaeformis) in semiarid areas of north China and their palaeo-climatological potential. New Phytologist, 171: 783-791.
- Liang EY, Shao XM, He JC. 2005. Relationships between tree growth and NDVI of grassland in the semi-arid grassland of north China. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 26 (13): 2901-2908.
- Liang EY, Shao XM, Kong ZC Lin JX. 2003. The extreme drought in the 1920s and its effect on tree growth deduced from tree ring analysis: a case study in North China. Annals of Forest Science, 60 (2): 145-152.
- Liang EY, Vennetier M, Lin JX, Shao XM. 2003. Relationships between tree increment, climate and above-ground biomass of grass: a case study in the typical steppe, north China. Acta Oecologica, 24: (2): 87-94.
- Liang EY, Shao XM, Hu YX, Lin JX. 2001. Dendroclimatic evaluation of climate-growth relationships of Meyer spruce (Picea meyeri) on a sandy substrate in semi-arid grassland, north China. Trees-Structure and Function, 15 (4): 230-235.
- Liang EY, Shao XM, Lin JX, Hu YX. 2001. A dendroclimatic study of relic Picea meyeri in Inner Mongolian steppe. Acta Botanica Sinica, 43 (3): 288-294.