|Location:Home >>Scientists >> Faculty and Staff
|Details of the Faculty or Staff
Building 3,Courtyard 16, Lin Cui Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101P.R. China
|Education and Appointments：
|1. Member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
2. Member of the American Geophysical Union
3. Council of International Glaciological Society
4. Vice-Chairmen of the Tibetan Science Committee
5. Council of the Tibetan Science Committee
6. Vice-Chairman of the Society of Glaciology and Geocryology
7. Member of Association of Geomorphology and Quaternary
8. Member of the Committee of Polar Science
9. Council of Adventure Committee of China
10. Member of Evaluating Committee of National Natural Science Foundation of China
11. Member of Editor Committee for Science in China (Earth Science)
12. Member of Editor Committee for Glaciology and Geocryology
13. Vice-Chairman of the Science Committee of the Lanzhou Institute of Glaciology and Geocryology
14. Member of the Science Committee Tianshan Glaciological Station, Chinese Academy of Science
1. NATURAL SCIENCE AWARD, 2007, (A study on high resolution paleo-climate reconstruction), by Ministry of Science and Technology of Gansu Province, China
2. Distinguished Sientist of China, 2005, by Science Associaotion of China
3."Distinguished Scientist of National Basic Research Program of China (973 Program)" , 2004, by Ministry of Science and Technology
4. “Award for Creative Research Groups”, 2002, by the National Natural Science Foudation of China (NFSC)
5．He-Liang and He-Li Award, 2001, by Ministry of Science and Technology of China
6.NATURAL SCIENCE AWARD, 2000, (The Fluctuations and Trend of Climate, Lake and Sea Level), by Chinese Academy of Sciences
7. NATIONAL NATURAL SCIENCE AWRAD, 1999, (A Study on Paleo-Climate and Paleo-Environment), by Ministry of Science and Technology of China
8.Winner of Expert with Outstanding Contribution to Science, 1998, by Chinese Academy of Sciences
9.Winner of Excellent Advisor and Teacher, 1998, by Chinese Academy of Sciences
10. NATIONAL NATURAL SCIENCE AWRAD, 1997, (Environmental Study in Antarctica), by by Ministry of Science and Technology of China
11.NATURAL SCIENCE AWARD, 1997 (A Study on Climate and environment from ice cores), by Chinese Academy of Sciences
12.NATURAL SCIENCE AWARD, 1996 (Glaciological study in Antarctica),by Chinese Academy of Sciences
13.Winner of First Young Scientist Award In Tibet Scientific Study, 1995, by Tibetan Science Committee.
14.BASIC RESEARCH AWARD, 1995, by the Society of Glaciology and Geocryology
15.NATURAL SCIENCE AWARD, 1994 (Climate and environment recorded in Caroline ice core, Antarctica), by Chinese Academy of Sciences
16.Winner of Outstanding Young Scientists, 1994, by National Natural Science Foundation of China
17.Winner of Ph.D with Outstanding Contribution to Science, 1991, by the Ministry of Education of China
- Yao Tandong, Zhou Hang, Yang Xiaoxin. Indian monsoon influences altitude effect of d18O in precipitation/river water on the Tibetan Plateau. Chinese Science Bulletin, 2009, 54 (16): 2724-2731
- T. Yao, K. Duan, B. Xu, N. Wang, X. Guo, and X. Yang. Precipitation record since AD 1600 from ice cores on the central Tibetan Plateau. Clim. Past., 2008, 4: 175–180.
- Yao, T., Y. Liu, S. Kang, N. Jiao, Y. Zeng, X. Liu, and Y. Zhang. Bacteria variabilities in a Tibetan ice core and their relations with climate change. Global Biogeochem. Cycles. 2008, 22, GB4017, doi:10.1029/2007GB003140.
- Yao Tandong, Pu Jianchen, Lu Anxin, Wang Youqing, and Yu Wusheng. 2007. Recent glacial retreat and its impact on hydrological processes on the Tibetan Plateau, China, and surrounding regions. Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research, 39(4): 642–650.
- Yao Tandong, Shurong Xiang, Xiaojun Zhang, Ninglian Wang, and Youqing Wang. 2006. Microorganisms in the Malan ice core and their relation to climatic and environmental changes. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 20, GB1004, doi: 10.1029/2004GB002424.
- Yao Tandong, Valerie Masson, Jean Jouzel, Michel Stievenard, Sun Weizhen, and Jiao Keqin. Relationships between δ18O in precipitation and surface air temperature in the Urumqi River Basin, east Tianshan Mountains, China. Geophysical Research Letters, 1999, 26(23): 3,473-3,476.
- Yao Tandong, L.G. Thmpson, E. Mosley-Thompson, and Yang Zhihong. Climatological significance of δ18O in north Tibetan ice cores. Journal of Geophysical Research, 1996, 101(D23): 29,531-29,537.
- Yao Tandong, Shi Yafeng, and L.G. Thompson. High resolution record of paleoclimate since the Little Ice Age from the Tibetan ice cores. Quaternary International, 1997, 37: 19-23.
- Yao Tandong, Li Zexia, L.G. Thompson, E. Mosley-Thompson, Wang Youqing, Tian Lide, Wang Ninglian, and Duan Keqin. δ18O records form Tibetan ice cores revealed differences in climatic changes. Annals of Glaciology, 2006, 43: 1-7.
- Yao Tandong, Duan Keqin, Xu Bauqing, Wang Ninglian, Pu Jianchen, Kang Shichang, Qin Xiang, and L.G. Thompson. Temperature and methane changes over the past 1000 years recorded in Dasuopu glacier (central Himalaya) ice core. Annals of Glaciology, 2002, 35: 379-383.
- Yao Tandong, Xie Zichu, Yang Qingzhao, and L.G. Thonpson. Temperature and precipitation fluctuations since 1600 A.D. provided by the Dunde Ice Cap, China. IAHS Publ., 1991, 208: 61-70.
- Yao Tandong. High-resolution climatic record from Tibetan ice cores. Interactions between the cryosphere, climate and greenhouse gases. IAHS Publ., 1999, 256: 227-234.
- Yao Tandong and Yang Meixue. ENSO events recorded in Tibetan ice cores. Developments in Paleoenvironmental Research, 2004, 9: 163-180.
- Tian Lide, Yao Tandong*, K. MacClune, J.W.C. White, A. Schilla, B. Vaughn, R. Vachon, and K. Ichiyanagi. Stable isotopic variations in West China: A consideration of moisture sources. Journal of Geophysical Research, 2007, 2006JD007718RR.
- Yao Tandong, Liu Shiyin and Pu Jianchen. Changing glaciers in High Asia, In: Glaciers and Earth’s Changing Environment, 2004, Black-Well Publisher, 65-78..
- L.G. Thompson, Yao Tandong, E. Mosley-Thompson, M.E. Davis, K.A. Henderson, and P.-N. Lin. A high-resolution millennial record of the south Asian monsoon from Himalayan ice cores. Science, 2000, 289: 1916-1919.
- L.G. Thompson, Yao Tandong, M.E. Davis, K.A. Henderson, E. Mosley-Thompson, P.-N. Lin, J. Beer, H.-A. Synal, J. Cole-Dai, and J.F. Bolzan. Tropical climate instability:The last glacial cycle from a Qinghai-Tibetan ice core. Science, 1997, 276: 1821-1825.
- Yao Tandong, Wang Youqing, Liu Shiying, Pu Jianchen, Shen Yongping, and Lu Anxin. Glacial retreat in High Asia in China and its impact on water resource in Northwest China. Science in China (Ser. D), 2004, 47(12): 1065-1075.
- L.G. Thompson, E. Mosley-Thompson, Davis M E, Dai J, Yao T, et al. Holocene--Pleistocene climate ice core record from Qinghai-Tibetan. Science, 1989, 246: 474-477.
- Tandong Yao, Duan Keqin, Thompson L.G., Wang Ninglian, Tian Lide, Xu Baiqing, Wang Youqing, and Yu Wusheng. Temperature variations over the past millennium on the Tibetan Plateau revealed by four ice cores. Annals of Glaciology, 2007, 46: 362-365.
- Yao Tandong, Guo Xuejun, L.G. Thompson, Duan Keqin, Wang Ninglian, Pu Jianchen, Xu Baiqing, Yang Xiaoxin, and Sun Weizhen. δ18O record and temperature change over the past 100 years in ice cores on the Tibetan Plateau. Science in China (Ser. D), 2006, 49(1):1-9.
- Yao Tandong, Zhu Liping, and Tan Ge. Tibetan Plateau: Geodynamics and Environmental Evolution--The cooperative projects based upon the memorandum of CAS and DFG. Journal of Geographical Sciences, 2006, 16(3): 371-374.
- Yao Tandong, Pu Jianchen, Wang Ninlian, and Tian Lide. A new type of ice formation zone found in the Himalayas. Chinese Science Bulletin, 1999, 44(5): 469-473.
- Yao Tandong, L.G.Thompson, Qin Dahe, Tian Lide, Jiao Keqin, Yang Zhihong, and Xie Chao. Variations in temperature and precipitation in the past 2000 years on the Xizang (Tibet) Plateau —Guliya ice core record, Sciences in China (Ser. D), 1996, 39(4): 425-433.
- Yao Tandong, Duan Keqin, Xu Baiqin, et al. Temperature and methane records over last 2ka in Dasuopu ice core. Science in China (Series D), 2002, 45(12): 1068-1074.
- Yao Tandong, Liu Xiaodong, Wang Ninglian, Shi Yafeng, Amplitude of climatic changes in Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau. Chinese Science Bulletin, 2000, 45(13): 1236-1243.
- Yao Tandong, Abrupt climatic changes on the Tibetan Plateau during the Last Ice Age--- Comparative study of the Guliya ice core with the Greenland GRIP ice core. Science in China (Series D), 1999, 42(4): 358-368.
- Yao T D, Thompson LG，New achievements in glaciology in Tibet, China，Chinese Science Bulletin, 1998, 43(14):1231-1232.
- Yao Tandong, Thompson L G, Shi Yafeng et al., Climatic changes since the Last Interglacial recorded in the Guliya ice core. Science in China (series D), 1997, 40(6): 662-668.
- Yao Tandong, Thompson L G, Qin Dahe et al. Variations in temperature and preipitation in the past 2000 years on the Xizang (Tibet) Plateau--Guliya ice core record. Sciences in China, 1997, 39(4): 425-433.
- Yao Tandong, Jiao Keqin, Tian Lide et al. Climatic variations since the Little Ice Age recorded in the Guliya Ice Core. Science in China, 1996, 39(6): 588-596.
- Yao Tandong, Jiao Keqin, Tian Lide, et al. Climate and environment records in Guliya Ice Cap. Science in China (B), 1995, 38(2): 228-237.
- Yao Tandong, Qin Dahe. Distribution of stable isotopes in Antarctic surface snow. Chinese science Bulletin, 1995, 41(11): 921-925.
- Yao Tandong, Shi Yafeng. Fluctuations and future trend of climate, glaciers and discharge of Urumqi River in Xingjiang. Science in China (series B), 1990, 33(4): 504-512.
- Yao Tandong, Thompson L G, Jiao Keqin, et al. Recent warming as recorded in the Qinghai-Tibetan cryosphere. Annals of Glaciology, 1995, 21: 196-200.
- Yao Tandong, Thompson L G. Trends and features of climatic changes in the past 5000 years redorded by the Dunde ice core. Annals of Glaciology, 1992, 16: 21-24.
- Yao Tandong, Wang Ninglian. Ice core study--The past, the present and the future. Chinese Science Bulletin, 1997, 42(13): 1057-1065.
- Yao Tandong, Wu Guangjian, Pu Jianchen, et al. Relationship between Calcium and atmospheric dust recorded in Guliya ice core. Chinese Science Bulletin, 2004, 49(7): 706-710.
- Yao Tandong, Xie Zichu, Wu Xiaoling, Thompson LG. Climatic Change since the Little Ice Age recorded by Dunde Ice Cap. Science in China (B), 1991, 34(6): 760-767.
- Yao Tandong, Xu Baiqing, Pu Jianchen, Climatic changes on orbital and sub-orbital time scale recorded by the Guliya ice core in Tibetan plateau. Science in China (D), 2001, 43(supp.): 360-368.
- Yao Tandong, et al. Climatic Record from an Ice Margin Area in East Antarctica. Annals of Glaciology, 1990, 14: 323-327.
- Yao Tandong, Jean Robert, Claude Loris. The microparticle implication measuremant and its climatic implications in an ice core from coast area. Antarctica. Science n China, 1990, 33(9): 1102-1110.
- Yao Tandong. The glacial and hydrological regime under climatic influence in the Urumqi River, northwest China. IAHS Publ. 1987, 168: 367-377.
- Yao T, et al. Ice core research and global change. Bulletin of the Chinese Academy of Science 1997, 42(1): 39-43.
- Yao Tandong et al. Ice core records on the Qinghai-Xizang (Tibetan) Plateau and its relation to global changes, Global Change: Natural and Anthropogenic Changes Impacts on Global Biogeo Chemical Cycles, Stockholm, 1995. 45.
- Yao Tandong, Asian dust transportation and global coupling system revealved from ice core records, Paleoclimate and Environmental variability in Austral-Asian Transect during the Past 2000 years, Proceedings of the 1995 Nagoya IGBP-PAGES/PEP-2, Symposium, Nagoya University, 1995. 76-83.
- Yao Tandong, Jiao Keqin, Yang Meixue, Precipitation variations recorded in Guliya ice core in the past 400 years. Progress in Natural Science, 2000, 10(4): 288-293.
- Yao Tandong, Pu Jianchen, Sheng Wenkun, Huang Cuilan. Chemistry of snow and ice on the Tibetan plateau. Cryosphere, 1996, 2: 20-24.
- Yao Tandong, Yang Zhihong, Kang Xingcheng, Pu Jianchen.Variations of cryosphere and atmosphere on the Tibetan Plateau. Cryosphere, 1996, 2: 1-6.
- Yao Tandong. Summer monsoon recorded in Tibetan ice cores, Proceedings the Second International Study Conference on GEWEX in Asia and GAME, Pattaya Thail and, 1995, 114-116.