PhD, Chemical process system integration, Dalian University of Technology, China, 2002
MS, Gas purification, Zhengzhou Institute of Chemical Engineering, China, 1995
A.B. Chemical Engineering, Zhengzhou Institute of Chemical Engineering, China, 1991
Professor, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China, 2008~
Associate Professor, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2004~2008
Post-Doc, IndECol, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, 2006~2007
Post-Doc, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China, 2002~2004
Lecturer, Chemical Engineering, Zhengzhou University of Technology, China, 1991
My current research focuses on the green process system integration, environmental impact assessment; efficiency evaluation of energy utilization and mass conversion; Industrial applications of ionic liquids and cleaner processes development for energy saving and pollution control (such as CO2 emission mitigation, VOCs emission control). The used tools in our work include green degree method, exergy analysis, LCA, multi-scale simulation, economic analysis.
National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (863), 2007.1-2009.12
National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2007.1-2009.12
1. X.P. Zhang, C.S. Li, C. Fu, S.J. Zhang. Environmental impact assessment of chemical process using the green degree method. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 2008, 47: 1085-1094.
2. X.P. Zhang, A. Strømman, C. Solli, E. Hertwich. Model-centered approach to the early planning and design of an eco-industrial park around an oil refinery, Environ. Sci. Technol., 2008. 42(13): 4958–4963.
3. X.P. Zhang, S. Zhang, X. He. Prediction of solubility of lysozyme in lysozyme-NaCl-H2O system with artificial neural network. J. Cryst. Growth, 2004, 264: 409-416.
4. X.P. Zhang, S. Zhang, P. Yao, Y. Yuan. Modeling and simulation of high-pressure urea synthesis loop. Comput. Chem. Eng., 2005, 29: 983-992.
5. E. G. Hertwich, X. P. Zhang. Concentrating-Solar Biomass Gasification Process for a 3rd Generation Biofuel. Environ. Sci. Technol., 2009, 43, 4207–4212.
6. L. Yan, X.P. Zhang, S. Zhang. The Study of molecular modeling for heavy oil thermal cracking. Chem. Eng. Technol., 2007, 30(9): 1-11.
7. C. Li, X.P. Zhang, X. He, S. Zhang. Design of separation process of azeotropic mixtures based on the green chemical principles. J. Clean. Prod., 2007, 15(7): 690-698.
8. X. He, X.P. Zhang, S. Zhang, J. Liu, C. Li. Prediction of phase equilibrium properties for complicated macromolecular systems by HGALM neural networks. Fluid Phase Equilib., 2005, 238(1): 52-57.
9. L. Yu, J. Lu, X.P Zhang, S. Zhang. Numerical simulation of the bubbling fluidized bed coal gasification by the kinetic theory of granular flow (KTGF). Fuel, 2007(86): 722-734.
10. J. Lu, L.Yu, X.P. Zhang, S.J. Zhang, W.B. Dai. Hydrogen production from a fluidized-bed coal gasifier with in situ fixation of CO2-Part I: Numerical model. Chem. Eng. Technol., 2008, 31(2): 197-207.