- RAO Kai
Name: RAO Kai
Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Residence: 9, 2013– now
Departments and research group: Strategy Research Center of Disciplinary Development of CAS Academic Division
Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Ph.D. in Management, 2009.1~2012. 12
Chongqing University, Ph.D. in Management, 2004.9~2010. 12
Southwest Normal University, Master of Engineering, 2001.9~2004. 7
Wuhan University of Technology, Bachelor of Engineering, 1997.9~2001. 7
Technology Transfer, Innovation Management, S&T Strategy and Policy
1. RAO Kai, MENG Xianfei, PICCALUGA Andrea, “The Impact of Government R&D Investments on Patent Technology Transfer Activities of Chinese Universities– From the Perspective of Triple Helix Theory”, Journal of Knowledge-based Innovation in China, 2012, 4(1): 4-17. (Outstanding Paper Award Winner at the Literati Network Awards)
2. RAO Kai, PICCALUGA Andrea, MENG Xianfei, “The impact of human resource factors on university patent technology transfer activities in China- based on the analysis of provincial panel data”, Knowledge Commercialization and Valorization in Regional Economic Development, Edward Elgar publishing. (258-283).
3. RAO Kai, MENG Xianfei, CHEN Qi, PICCALUGA Andrea, “Research on Patent Technology Transfer in Swiss Universities”, Science of Science and Management of S.&.T., 2011, 32(8): 39-43.
4. RAO Kai, MENG Xianfei, CHEN Qi, PICCALUGA Andrea,” Research on University Technology Transfer Offices in Italy and the Referential Experiences”, East China Economic Management, 2011, 25(10): 132-136.
5. RAO Kai, MENG Xianfei, PICCALUGA Andrea, CHEN Qi, “University Patent Technology Transfer in U.K. and its Referential Experiences”, Forum on Science and Technology in China, 2011, (2): 148-154.
6. RAO Kai, MENG Xianfei, PICCALUGA Andrea, CHEN Qi, “Successful Experience Analysis of University Technology Transfer Offices in Spain”, Scientific Management Research, 2011, 29(3): 53-57.
7. RAO Kai, MENG Xianfei, PICCALUGA Andrea, CHEN Qi, “Research on Patenting Technology Transfer of Public Research Institutions in Denmark”, Science & Technology Progress and Policy, 2011, 28(8): 47-51.
8. RAO Kai, MENG Xianfei, CHEN Qi, PICCALUGA Andrea, “Comparative Research on University Patent Technology Transfer between China and Europe”, Soft Science, 2011, (10): 22-26.
9. RAO Kai, DAN Bin, TIAN Lina, “Research on TPL postponed manufacturing oriented to MC”, Modern Management Science, 2008(6):37-38.
10. RAO Kai, DAN Bin, LIU Yu, “Research on production cost optimization model of manufacturer implementation postponement strategy in mass customization”, Computer Integrated Manufacturing System (China), 2007, 13(9):1665-1671.
11. LI Haiyan, RAO Kai, XU Lingling., ZHANG Dongmei, “Research on the Pricing Strategy of Production Wastes in Interrelated Supply Chains Based on Bargaining Game”, Statistics and Decision, 2011, (18): 48-50.
12. DAN Bin, RAO Kai, LI Haiyan, “Cost Optimization Model of Supply Chain Implementation Postponement Strategy in Mass Customization”, Computer Integrated Manufacturing System (China), 2009, 15(2):287-291.
13. LI Haiyan, SONG Han, RAO Kai, “Research on the Cooperative Behavior of Interrelated Supply Chains Based on Nash Negotiation Game”, Industrial Engineering and Management, 2011, 16(2): 110-116.
14. ZHOU JinYing, DAN Bin, RAO Kai, “Balance of Mixed-model Assembly Lines for Product Families”, Industrial Engineering Journal (China), 2006, 9(4): 65-69.
Member of Triple Helix Association
Talks and Presentations
2012,3 Pisa (Italy), Seminar on Chinese Market as a Source of Innovation, Present in the topic of University-Industry Technology Transfer in China
2011,9 Tampere (Finland), 5th European Conference on Management of Technology, EuroMOT 2011, Present in the topic of The Effect of R&D Investments on Local Universities Patent Technology Transfer Activities – The Analysis Based on Provincial Panel Data
2011,8 Barcelona (Spain), European Regional Science Association 2011 Congress, Present in the topic of Government role in patenting-licensing activities of research-oriented universities in China
2011,7 Stanford (USA), Triple Helix IX International Conference: Silicon Valley: Global Model or Unique Anomaly?, Present in the topic of Government role in supporting the commercialization of university research- From the perspective of Chinese government R&D investment
2011,6 Norrkoping, (Sweden), The R&D Management Conference 2011, Present in the topic of Patenting and Licensing Activities in Chinese Universities: The Urgency for Cultivation of Entrepreneurial Enthusiasm
2011,5 Brussels (Belgium), 3RD Workshop on Asian Management and Entrepreneurship, Present in the topic of Patenting and Licensing Activities in Chinese Universities: What Can they learn from the experience of European Countries?
2010,10 Madrid (Spain), The Triple Helix VIII International Conference on University, Industry and Government Linkages, Present in the topic of University Patenting and Licensing Activities in China: The Role of TTOs and Their Affiliated Universities
2009,6 Vienna (Austria), The R&D Management Conference 2009, Present in the topic of Universities and Technology Transfer in China: Policies, Organization, and Performance
Address: Institute for the History of Natural Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences,
55 ZHONGGUANCUN East Road
Phone number: 0086 10 57552515