- SUN Lie
Name: SUN Lie
Ph.D., Associate Professor
2012- , Postdoctoral Research, History of Technology, Technische Universität Berlin.
2007-11. Ph.D, History of Science and Technology, IHNS, CAS.
2004-07. M.S., History of Science and Technology, Graduate University of CAS.
1991-95. B.E., Mechatronics Engineer, Luoyang Institute of Technology.
History of Technology, including technology transfer and innovation,
Comparison of Chinese and Western Industrialization & Modernization.
1. Making a Big Machine: The Road of Innovation to the 120MN Hydraulic Forging Press in 20th Century China). Jinan: Shandong Jiaoyu Chubanshe 2012.
2. Lie Sun, Baichun Zhang. The Social Factors of Ten-Thousand-Ton Water Hydraulic Press Led by Shen Hong. Newsletter of Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society, 2006, No.4, pp.17-27. [In Chinese]
3. Lie Sun. A Study on the Technology method of ants gnawing at a bone During the Great Leap Forward. Journal of Harbin Institute of Technology (Social Sciences Edition). 2007.12. pp11-18. [In Chinese]
4. Lie Sun, Baichun Zhang, Zhizhong Zhang, Congyi Lin. A Report on Investigation and Reconstruction of Traditional Vertical-Axle Windmill and Its Square-Pallet Chain-Pump. 2008. No.3. pp5-13. [In Chinese]
5. Lie Sun, Baichun Zhang, Tsung-Yi Lin, Zhizhong Zhang，An investigation and Reconstruction of A Traditional Vertical-Axle “Chinese Great Windmill” And Its Square-Pallet Chain-Pump，Proceedings of the International Symposium on History of Machines and Mechanisms 2008, edited by Hong-Sen Yan and M. Ceccarelli. Springer, 2008. pp295-308.
6. Tsung-Yi Lin, Baichun Zhang, Deng-Maw Lu, Zhizhong Zhang, Lie Sun，On the Mechanism Analysis of the Vertical Shaft Type Wind-power Square-pallet Chain-pump，Proceedings of the International Symposium on History of Machines and Mechanisms 2008, edited by Hong-Sen Yan and M. Ceccarelli. Springer, 2008. pp309-324.
7. Lie Sun. Two 10,000-Ton Hydraulic Forging Presses and Their value of manufacturing heritage Journal of Harbin Institute of Technology (Social Sciences Edition). VOl.11. 2009. No.1 pp26-32.
Member of the Society for the Social Studies of Science
8. Lie Sun. The Influence of Hydraulic Presses on the Ordnance Industry in the Late Qing Dynasty and the Republic of China. The Chinese Journal for the History of Science and Technology, Vol. 32 2011. No. 3 pp372-380.
9. Lie Sun. A Case Study on China's Self-made Major Technical Equipment: The Design and Manufacturing of Shanghai's 120MN Forging Hydraulic Press. Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, Vol. 30. 2011. No.3 pp366-382.
10. Lie Sun. The Tactics and Channels of ordnance procurement of the Northern Navy as Revealed by a Letter from Li Hongzhang to Alfred Krupp. Studies in Dialectics of Nature, Vol.27. 2011. No.6 pp93-97.
11. Lie Sun. A Study on the Relationship between Diplomatic Personnel Stationed Abroad and the Technology Transfer from Krupp to Late Qing. Journal of Dialectics of Nature, Vol.34. 2012. No.1 pp30-34.
12. Yue Chen, Lie Sun. An Etymological Research on Chinese Terms“Engineering” and “Engineer”. VOl.5. 2013. No.1 pp53-57.
Institute for the History of Natural Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences,
55 ZHONGGUANCUN East Road