- ZHANG Li
Name: ZHANG Li
Research Fellow / Ph.D.,
Departments and research group:
Department of History of Sciences of Modern China,
Research Center for Chinese Scientists
National University of Defense Technology, Bach. in Chemistry, 1982~1986
Institute for the History of Natural Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Ma.in History of Scinence, 1986~1989
Peking University, Ph.D in Philosophy of Science, 2000~2003
Institute for the History of Natural Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1989~now
Social History of the Chinese Science in 20th Century
History for Modern Chemistry
1. The Renaissance of Inorganic Chemistry in the Mid-20th Century, Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, 1990, 9（3）: pp258-268.
2. A Study for the Educational Reform on the Universities’ Chemistry in the Early of 1950s, Journal of Dialectics of Nature, 1992, 14（2）: pp41-48.
3. Coordination Among National Needs, Sectional Benefits and Scientists’ Autonomy: A Study on the Creation of Institute of Chemistry Under Chinese Academy of Sciences, Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, 2003, 22（3）: pp193-214.
4. Scientific Organization in the PRC’s Society: A Study on the Committee on Polymers under the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Journal of Dialectics of Nature, 2005, 27（5）: pp53-61.
5. Nationalization of Science: the State and the Science in 1950s’ China, Forum for Chinese Social Science • Academic Review, 2005, （12）: pp5-18.
6. Peter Pan Tieh Sah’s Early Career in China: 1912-1946, Chinese Journal for the History of Science and Technology, 2006, 27（4）: pp287-304.
7. From the Soviet Union to the U.S.: International Exchange in China’s Polymer Science, HISTORIA SCIENTIARUM, 2007, 16（3）: pp294-309.
8. Social and Political Status of Scientists in China，1949-1966: The Case of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Studies on the Contemporary History of China, 2009, 1: pp106-142.
9. Conflicts between External Needs and the Self-developing: A Historical Viewpoint on the Development of Branches of CAS from 1956-1966, Science & Culture Review, 2009, 6（6）: pp45-68.
10. Soviet Experts in Chinese Academy of Sciences: Historical Review of Sino-Soviet Cooperation and Exchange between two Academies of Sciences in 1950s, Science & Culture Review, 2012, 9（2）: pp54-71.
1. New Science for A New China: Institutionalization of Polymer Science in the P.R.China, Jinan: Educational Press in Shandong Province, 2005.
2. The History of Education of The Chinese Academy of Sciences (editor-in-chief), Beijing: Science Press, 2009.
Member of the Standing Committee of Chinese Society for the History of Science and Technology
Deputy editor-in-chief of the Chinese Journal for the History of Science and Technology
Address: Institute for the History of Natural Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences,
55 ZHONGGUANCUN East Road
Phone number: 8610-57552558