- ZHANG Jiuchen
Name: ZHANG Jiuchen
Ph.D. Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2005；
M.Sc. Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1991；
B.Sc. The Capital Normal Collage, 1986.
A. Books (authored)
1. A Study on The Commission for Integrated Survey of Natural Resources（CISNAR）(1956-1999), Science Press, 2013.
2. Biography of Mengxiong CHEN，Chinese S&T Press, 2013.
3. Oral Biography of Yafeng SHI, Hunan Education Press, 2008.
4. Monograph of the Scientific Expedition to the North-Western Provinces of China, first author，Chinese S&T Press, 2009.
5. Geology and Society: A Case Study in Chinese National Geological Survey (1916-1950), Shandong Education Press, 2005
B. Book Chapters
1. Geology of Chronological Table, Annals of Chinese History of Science and Technology, Science Press, 2004.
2. Transportation, Annals of Chinese History of Science and Technology, Science Press, 2004.
3. Locust, Analysis on Ancient Chinese Natural Disaster, Anhui Press, 2002, pp.365-381.
4. Li Siguang (J.S.Lee), Bring Forth the Splendid---Great Scientists' Youth, Science Press, 2000.
5. History of Geology in the book of the History of Geo-science(One of the Series Books of The History of Chinese Science and Technology), Science Press, 2000.
6. Chapter 3(History of geo-science from 770B.C. to 221B.C.) in the book of the History of Geo-science(One of the Series Books of The History of Chinese Science and Technology), Science Press, 1999, pp.125~173.
7. History of Chinese Geology and Geography(1920~1949), General History of China, vol.22, chapter 60, pp.1742~1757, Shanghai People's Press, 1999.
8. Earth Science History in Ancient China, in the book of Chinese Science and Technology in 5000 Years, Shandong Education Press,1997.(win National Books Inscribing Rewards in 1999).
1.Scientific Critique and Discipline Reconstruction in the Early years of New China——Research on Geography as an Example, Contemporary China History Studies，2013, No. 1.
2. Sino-Soviet Cooperation in Natural Resources Survey: Interactions between the Two Academies, Sociology of Science and Technology, Vol.4, No.1, 2013.
3. The Debates on the Relationship between "Task" and "Discipline": A Case Study on Natural Resources Survey of CAS，Journal of Dialectics of Nature，2011，33（3）：32-38.
4. The Russian Experts I Met:An Interview with Chen Mengxiong，The Chinese Journal for the History of Science and Technology，2011，32（2）.
5. The True Qualities of a Scholar: Shi Yafeng, Glaciologist and Geographer，Science & Culture Review，2011，8（1）：108-118.
6. Hydrological Geologist Chen Mengxiong，Journal of Engineering Studies，2011，3（2）：196-205.
7. From Power to Energy Resources: the Rise of Research on Energy Resources in Chinese Academy of Science，Studies in the History of Natural Sciences，2010，29（2）：166-176.
8. The Thought of Coching Chu and Chinese Modern Geographical Research Institute，ed. by Dahe Qin，Autograph Book of Coching Chu's 120th Anniversary of the Birthday，Meteorology Press，2010.
9. China and the International Geophysical Year, ed. Roger D. Launius, et al. Globalizing Polar Science, 2010, Palgrave Macmillan, pp.143-155(second author).
10. ‘Red and Expert’: Chinese Glaciology during the Mao Tse-tung Period (1958-1976), Geology and Religion: A History of Harmony and Hostility, GSL Special Publications, Edited by M Kolbl-Ebert, March, 2009.
11. Mineral Resources Survey on the Chinese Borderlands: The Sino-Swedish Scientific Expedition(1920s and 30’s), ed. J.E. Ortiz, O Puche, I.Rabano and L.F.Mazadieho, History of Research in Mineral Resources, Cuadernos del Museo Geominero, B. Madrid,2009, pp.307-314.
12. From Ten Year-plan to "San Xian Jian She"(the Construction of West Area of China)：the natural resources survey in the period preparing against war，Collected Works on the History of Geology, 2009, No.5.
13. Regional Geological Survey in North-Western of China from 1920s to 1930s，Chinese Geological Education，2008，1：46-52.
14. Survey of Mineral Resources on Borderland During the Upsurge of Exploiting Natural Resources of Northwest China, Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, 2007, Vol.26 Suppl.
15. The Resources Survey in Chinese Western Region by Chinese Scientists in 20th Century, Western Development in Chinese History, Shangwu Press, 2007. pp.220-239
16. Scientific Expeditions to the Xixiabangma Mountain Peak and Beijing Science Symposium, The Chinese Journal for the History of Science and Technology, 2007, Vol.28, No. 2, pp165-172
17. Integrated Survey of Natural Resources During the “Great Leap Forward”, Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, 2007, Vol.26, No.4, pp.343-354.
18. Course of the Cooperation on Exploitation Rubber between China and Soviet Union, Hundred History, 2006, No. 6, pp.37-41.
19. Snio-USSR Cooperation on the Survey of Drainage Area of Hei Longjiang during 1950s and 1960s, Research on Modern Chinese History, 2006, No. 5, pp.66-68
20. The Function of Different Scientific Organizations and Their Complementary Relations, Studies in Science of Science, Vol.24, Supp. pp.25-31.
21. The Take-over of the Sino-Swedish Northwest Expedition by Chinese Academy of Science, The Chinese Journal for the History of Science and Technology, 2006, Vol.27, No. 3, pp.238-246.
22. Modern Geology and Chinese Society, Natural Journal, 2004, No.6, pp.352-356.
10. The First Treaty in the History of Chinese Modern Science, Hundred History, 2004, No.10.
23. The Relationship between Science and Society during the Research of Modern Theoretical and Practical Geology, Science Technology and Dialectics, 2004, Vol.21, No.4, pp.92-96.
24. A Study on Chinese Modern Geological Institution, Studies in Science of Science, 2003, Vol.21, No.6. pp.596-602.
25. The Study on the Crowd of Modern Geologists in China, Journal of Dialectics of Nature, 2003, Vol.25, No.3, pp.72-78.
26. On the Progress of China’s Modern Earth-Science from Coching Chu’s Contribution, China Historical Materials of Science and Technology, 2003, Vol.24, No. 2, pp.112-122.
27. A Comparative Studies on Chinese Geological Society and Britain Geological Society, Analects on the History of Geology, 2002, No. 4.
28. The Upsurge in Developing Northwest Areas and the Contribution of Geo-scientists in Early 20th Century, Journal of Inner Mongolia Normal University, 2001, Vol.30 No2.
29. Theoretical Studies During the Modernization of Chinese Geography, Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, 2001, Vol.20 No.3.
30. Forming and Changing of the Translated Terms of Chinese Modern Earth-Science and Its Branches, China Historical Materials of Science and Technology, 2001, Vol.22 No.1.
31. The Debate of "Geography and Culture" in Modern Times of China and Its Influence, Journal of Dialectics of Nature, Vol.21, No.6, 1999.
32. Chinese Modern Theory on Geo-science, Geo-science, Philosophy and Sustained Development, Wenshi Press, 1998. pp.424~431.
33. Chinese Oceanography in the First Half of 20th Century, Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, 1998, vol.19, no.3. pp.31~40.
34. A Comparative Study between Geographical Records of History of the Han Dynasty and Strabo's Geography，8th International Conference on the History of Chinese Science, Berlin, 1998.
35. A Comparative Study on Regional Theory between the East and the West, Theses of 7th International Conference on the History of Chinese Science, Daxiang Press,1998.
36. Chinese Regional Geography in the First Half of 20th Century, Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, 1997, vol.16,no.2, pp.174~182.
37. The Discovery and Conformation of the Groups of Synthetic Natural Disasters and Its Basic of Chinese Traditional Culture，Proceeding of IEAS'97 & IWGIS'97，Vol.II , 1997, pp.1066~1070.
38. Forming of the Thought of Global Earth and the Establishment of Geographical Paradigm, (second author), Science, Technology and Dialectics, 1996, no.1, pp.49~53.
39. Military Geography in the Military Books in Warring States Period, Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, 1995, vol.14, no.3. pp.274~279.
40. The Influence of Yin-Yang and Wuxing Theory to Chinese Earth-science during Spring-autumn Period and Warring State Period, Philosophic Theory of Earth-science, Xibei University Press, 1995.
41. The Balance of Natural Disasters Chain and It's Value in Disaster Absorption, (third author), The Theory and Practice of Historical Naturaology, Xueyuan Press, 1994, pp.241~247.
42. A Comparitive Study on Regional Geography between the East and the West from 770B.C. to 221B.C., Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, 1993, vol.12, no.3: 64~72.
43. Interior Synthetic Geography----Chinese Traditional Geography，The Journal of Chinese Geography，Vol. 3, No. 2, 1992. （second author）.
D. Encyclopaedia Articles, etc.
1. Geology, Annals of Chinese History of Science and Technology, Science Press, 2006
2. Geography Section in the book of Chronological Table of Earth Science, Ocean Press, 1998, vice-editor of Geography Section.
3. Geography and Geology Section in Chinese Ancient Culture Dictionary, Shandong People's Press, 1994, pp.1303~1310.
E. Book Reviews
1. Gaia: A New Explanation on Ideas About the Earth—an Introduction and Review on Thinking bout the earth, Studies in the History of Natural Sciences, 2007, Vol.26, No.2, pp.255-264
2. What Does the History of Geology tell us? Paper of Chinese Reading, 12/13/2006.
3. The Achievement on the history of geology, Paper of Chinese Reading, 24/7/2002
F. Research Material and Oral History
1. An Interview with Yusheng Zhai, International Commission on the History of Geological Science (INHIGEO) Newsletter, No.44, 2011. （first author）
2. An Interview with David Oldroyd, International Commission on the History of Geological Science (INHIGEO) Newsletter, No.41, 2009.
3. Material of Chinese Academy of Science in 1962(book). Pressed by Institute of History of Natural Sciences. CAS.2007
4. The Survey in Mount Xixabangma and Peking Scientific Symposium: a Review of Academician Yafeng Shi，The Chinese Journal for the History of Science and Technology，2007，28（2）：165-172.
5. Recalling on Chinese National Geological Survey, Archives and History, 2004, No.6, pp.35-39.
6.A Review of Academician Mengxiong Chen，The Chinese Journal for the History of Science and Technology，2001，22（4）：305－315.
7. Research on the History of Chinese Oceanography, History of Oceanography, 1999, 11.
G. Miscellaneous Publications
Impression of Cairo, Oversea Digest, 2004, No.7, pp.30-31.
Institute for the History of Natural Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences,
55 ZHONGGUANCUN East Road