Prof. LIU Yi, deputy director, Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research.
Geographer LIU Yi, graduated in 1983 from the College of Arts and Science, Beijing Union University. Prof. LIU carried out cooperative studies in Australia from 1992 to 1993. Now he serves as a council member of several academic organizations, including Geographical Society of China, China Society for Sustainable Development, China Society on Tibetan Plateau, and China Society for Administrative Division and Toponymy. He also sits on the Special Committee of Economic Geography under the Geographical Society of China. In addition, he is a vice editor-in-chief of two academic journals, “Geographical Research,” and “Resources Science.” He has hosted more than research projects funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology, CAS, National Natural Science Foundation of China and other governmental departments.
Major Research Project:
1. EU-China Environmental Management Co-operation Programe---Local and Municipal Development: The Planning Guide on Local Sustainable Development in China. 2002-2005.
2. National “Tenth Five-year” Key Scientific and Technological Project: Research on Main Factors and Their Operational Mechanisms of Regional Sustainable Development. 2002-2004.
3. National Natural Science Foundation: A Study of the Firm’s Spatial Linkage And Its Implication for Local and Regional Development, 2002-2004.
4. The ADB Technical Assistance Project: Facilitating the Economic Cooperation between Eastern Mongolia and Eastern Inner Mongolia of the People's Republic of China, 2002.
5. National Development and Reform Commission: Research on China’a Regional Development Strategy. 2002.
6. Knowledge Innovation Project of CAS: Research on the Mechanism and Regulation Policy of Human-Earth Relationship in Coastal Area, 2000-2003.
7. The ADB Technical Assistance Project: Strategic Study on Economic Cooperation between Eastern Mongolia and Eastern Inner Mongolia of the People's Republic of China, 2001.
8. National “Ninth Five-year” Key Scientific and Technological Project: Evaluation of National Security Pattern and Review of International Situation. 1999-2001.
1. Evolvement and Implication of Spatial Patterns of Inter-provincial Coal Output and Input at National Level. Journal of Liaoning Technological University. 2007(3):334-336.
2. Study on Coordinated Development Between Industry and Environment Based on GANN and DEA. Journal of Arid Land Resources and Environment. 2007,21(6):68-74.
3. Forecasting and Evaluation of Industrial Structure in China Coastal Areas. Economic Geography. 2006,26(6):1005-1010.
4. Study on the Mechanism and Spatial Result of Firm Cooperation Driven by Government’s Guidance---A Case Study of Haier. Economic Geography. 2006,26(2):255-260.
5. Research on The Cultivation of Leading Industries and Reconstruction of Industry System In Northeast China. Economic Geography. 2006,26(1):50-54.
6. New Perspective on Drafting and Implementing of Local Sustainable Development Plan. Chinese People, Resource and Environment. 2006,89(1):35-38.
7. Firm Cooperation and Regional Development. Science Press. 2006.
8. New Progress and Implication of Theory and Practice of Foreign Spatial Planning. Progress in Geography. 2005,24(3):79-60.
9. Dam and Development: A New Framework for Decision-Making. Science Press. 2005
10. Harmonious Development Strategy of Human-Land Relationship in Coastal Area, the Commercial Press. 2005.
11. Evaluation of China’s Regional Sustainable Utilization of Water Resources and Its Type Classification. Environmental Science. 2005,26(1):42-46.
11A Da Tun Road
An Wai, Beijing, 100101
People’s Republic of China