Faculty and Staff
- Name： Jiang Fangming
- Academic title： Professor
- Address 2 Nengyuan Rd, Wushan, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, China
- Education and Professional Experience:
1991.9 - 1995.7: Chongqing University – China, Undergraduate, Thermal Engineering
1995.9 - 1998.6: Chongqing University – China, Postgraduate, Engineering Thermophysics
1998.9 - 2001.8: Institute of Engineering Thermophysics – Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) – China, Ph D, Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics
2001.8 - 2002.1: Institute of Engineering Thermophysics (CAS) – China, Research Staff
2002.1 - 2004.2: IMM GmbH –Germany, Guest Scientist
2004.4 - 2006.5: University Aveiro – Portugal, Research Fellow
2005.11： University of New Brunswick – Canada, Guest Research Associate
2006.6 - 2012.7: ECEC of the Pennsylvania State University – USA, Research Associate
2010.10 - Present: Guangzhou Institute of Energy Conversion (CAS) – China, Full Professor
- Electrochemical Energy Systems (e.g., Li-ion batteries and PEM Fuel Cell), Enhanced Geothermal System, Micro- Thermofluid, etc.
Commitment to research the situation：
- 37. Jiliang Chen, Fangming Jiang*. Designing multi-well layout for enhanced geothermal system to better exploit hot dry rock geothermal energy, Renewable Energy, 2015, 74: 37-48.
36. Fangming Jiang*, Jiliang Chen, Wenbo Huang, Liang Luo. A three-dimensional transient model for EGS subsurface thermohydraulic process, Energy, 2014, 72: 300-310.
35. Jian Guo, Yuexiang Yan, Wei Liu, Fangming Jiang*, Aiwu Fan*. Enhancement of laminar convective heat transfer relying on excitation of transverse secondary swirl flow, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 2015, 48: 199-206.
34. Wei Wu, Fangming Jiang*, Microstructure reconstruction and characterization of PEMFC electrodes, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2014, 39: 15894-15906.
33. Jianbang Zeng, Wei Wu, Fangming Jiang*, Smoothed particle hydrodynamics prediction of effective transport coefficients of lithium-ion battery electrodes, Solid State Ionics, 2014, 260: 76-85.
32. Peng Peng, Yiqiong Sun, Fangming Jiang*, Thermal analyses of LiCoO2 lithium-ion battery during oven tests, Heat and Mass Transfer, 2014, 50: 1405-1416.
31. Jianbang Zeng, Fangming Jiang*, A pore-scale smoothed particle hydrodynamics model for lithium-ion batteries, Chinese Science Bulletin, 2014, 59: 2793-2810.
30. Yiwei Wang, Jiwen Cen, Fangming Jiang*, An experimental study on the performance of a loop heat pipe, Experimental Heat Transfer, 2015, 28: 1-8.
29. Fangming Jiang*, Chaoyang Wang. Numerical modeling of liquid water motion in a polymer electrolyte fuel cell, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2014, 39: 942-950.
28. Fangming Jiang*, Peng Peng, Yiqiong Sun. Thermal analyses of LiFePO4/graphite battery discharge processes. Journal of Power Sources, 2013, 243: 181-194.
27. Wei Wu, Fangming Jiang*. Simulated annealing reconstruction and characterization of the three-dimensional microstructure of a LiCoO2 lithium-ion battery cathode, Materials Characterization, 2013, 80: 62-68.
26. Wei Wu, Fangming Jiang*. Simulated annealing reconstruction and characterization of a LiCoO2 lithium-ion battery cathode, Chinese Science Bulletin, 2013, 58: 4692-4695.
25. Jian Guo, Yuexiang Yan, Wei Liu, Fangming Jiang*, Aiwu Fan*. Effects of upwind area of tube inserts on heat transfer and flow resistance characteristics of turbulent flow, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 2013, 48: 147-155.
24. Fangming Jiang*, Liang Luo, Jiliang Chen. A novel three-dimensional transient model for subsurface heat exchange in enhanced geothermal systems, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 2013, 41: 57-62.
23. Jiwen Cen, Pei Liu, Fangming Jiang. A novel transcritical CO2 refrigeration cycle with two ejector, International Journal of Refrigeration, 2012, 35: 2233-2239.
22. Zhiqiang Dong, Jinliang Xu, Fangming Jiang, Pei Liu. Numerical study of vapor bubble effect on flow and heat transfer in microchannel, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 2012, 54: 22-32.
21. Zhiqiang Dong, Weizhong Li, Yongchen Song, Fangming Jiang*, “Lattice Boltzmann computations of transport processes in complex hydrodynamics systems”, In: “Hydrodynamics - Optimizing Methods and Tools”, InTech Press, 2011. (Book Chapter)
20. Fangming Jiang* and Antonio C.M. Sousa, “SPH – a versatile multiphysics modeling tool” in: “Advances in Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer”, Edited by R. Amano and B. Sunden, WIT Press, Southampton, UK, 2011. (Book Chapter)
19. Fangming Jiang, Chao-yang Wang, and Ken S. Chen, Current ramping a strategy for rapid start-up of PEM fuel cells from subfreezing environment, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 2010, 157: B342-347.
18. Ashis Nandy, Fangming Jiang, Shanhai Ge, Chao-yang Wang, and Ken S. Chen, Effect of cathode pore volume on PEM fuel cell cold start, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 2010, 157: B726-736.
17. Fangming Jiang* and Antonio C.M. Sousa, Smoothed particle hydrodynamics simulation of effective thermal conductivity in porous media of various pore structures, Journal of Porous Media, 2010, 13: 951.
16. Fangming Jiang, and Chao-yang Wang, Potentiostatic start-up of PEMFCs from subzero temperatures, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 2008, 155 (7): B743-751.
15. Fangming Jiang* and Antonio C.M. Sousa, Smoothed particle hydrodynamics modeling of transverse flow in randomly aligned fibrous porous media, Transport in Porous Media, 2008, 75: 17-33.
14. Fangming Jiang, Weifeng Fang and Chao-yang Wang, Non-isothermal cold start of polymer electrolyte fuel cells, Electrochimica Acta, 2007, 53: 610-621.
13. Antonio C.M. Sousa and Fangming Jiang*, SPH as an inverse numerical tool for the prediction of diffusive properties in porous media, Material Science Forum, 2007, 553: 171-189.
12. Fangming Jiang* and Antonio C.M. Sousa, Effective thermal conductivity of heterogeneous multi-component materials an SPH implementation, Heat and Mass Transfer, 2007, 43: 479-491.
11. Fangming Jiang*, Monica C.A. Oliveira and Antonio C.M. Sousa, Mesoscale SPH modeling of fluid flow in isotropic porous media, Computer Physics Communications, 2007, 176: 471-480.
10. Fangming Jiang*, Monica C.A. Oliveira and Antonio C.M. Sousa, SPH simulation of transition to turbulence for planar shear flow subjected to a streamwise magnetic field, Journal of Computational Physics, 2006, 217: 485-501.
9. Fangming Jiang* and Antonio C.M. Sousa, SPH numerical modeling for ballistic-diffusive heat conduction, Numerical Heat Transfer B, 2006, 50: 499-515.
8. Fangming Jiang*, Solution and analysis of hyperbolic heat propagation in hollow spherical objects. Heat and Mass Transfer, 2006, 42: 1083-1091.
7. Fangming Jiang* and Antonio C.M. Sousa, Analytical solution for hyperbolic heat conduction in a hollow sphere, AIAA Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, 2005, 19(4): 595-598.
6. Fangming Jiang*, Monica C.A. Oliveira and Antonio C.M. Sousa, SPH simulation of low Reynolds number planar shear flow and heat convection, Materials Science and Engineering technology, 2005, 36(10): 613-619.
5. S. Hardt, Fangming Jiang and F. Schoenfeld, A computational analysis of the hydrodynamic instability of a liquid jet focused into a converging microchannel, Int. J. Multiphase Flow, 2005, 31(6): 739-756.
4. Fangming Jiang, K. S. Drese, S. Hardt, M. Kupper and F. Schoenfeld, Helical flows and chaotic mixing in curved micro- channels, AIChE Journal, 2004, 50(9): 2297-2305.
3. Fangming Jiang, Dengying Liu and Jianhua Zhou, Non-Fourier heat conduction phenomena in porous material heated by microsecond laser pulse, Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, 2002, 6(4): 331-346.
2. Fangming Jiang and Dengying Liu, “Transient heat and mass transfer in humid porous material heated by microsecond rectangular pulsed energy source of very high power density” in: “Computational Methods in Multiphase Flow”, Edited by H. Power and C. A. Brebbia, WIT Press, Southampton, UK, 2001. (Book Chapter)
1. Fangming Jiang, Dengying Liu and Ruixian Cai, Theoretical analysis and experimental evidence of non-Fourier heat conduction behavior, Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2001, 9(4): 359-368.