Reaction mechanism in Photochemistry
Reaction mechanism in homogeneous catalysis
Reaction mechanism in heterogeneous catalysis
The main research areas:
Photo-dissociation of methanol and water on TiO2 surface.
Catalytic hydrogenation reaction in homogeneous system.
Structure, reactivity and reaction mechanism of transition metal compounds and clusters.
Pyrolysis; Stability and reactivity of organic radicals.
2010 Chinese Academy of Science “100 Talent Program”
1. Guo XG, Fang GZ, Li G, Ma H, Fan HJ, Yu L, Ma C, Wu X, Deng DH, Wei MM, Tan DL, Si R, Zhang S, Li JQ, Sun LT, Tang ZC, Pan XL, Bao XH*,Direct, Nonoxidative Conversion of Methane to Ethylene, Aromatics, and Hydrogen, Science, 2014, 344, 616.
2. Duan Y, Li L, Chen MW, Yu CB, Fan HJ*, and Zhou YG, Homogenous Pd-Catalyzed Asymmetric Hydrogenation of Unprotected Indoles: Scope and Mechanistic Studies, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 136, 7688–7700.
3. Guo Q, Xu CB, Ren ZF, Yang WS, Ma ZB, Dai DX, Fan HJ*, Minton TK*, Yang XM*, Stepwise Photocatalytic Dissociation of Methanol and Water on TiO2(110), J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134, 13366−13373.
4. Wang DS, Ye ZS, Chen QA, Zhou YG,* Yu CB, Fan HJ,* and Duan Y, Highly Enantioselective Partial Hydrogenation of Simple Pyrroles: A Facile Access to Chiral 1-Pyrrolines, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133, 8866–8869.
5. Chen QA, Wang DS, Zhou YG,* Duan Y, Fan HJ,* Yang Y, and Zhang Z, Convergent Asymmetric Disproportionation Reactions: Metal/Brønsted Acid Relay Catalysis for Enantioselective Reduction of Quinoxalines, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133, 6126–6129.
6. Fan HJ*, Fout AR, Bailey BC, Pink M, Baik MH*, and Mindiola DJ*, Understanding intermolecular C–F bond activation by a transient titanium neopentylidyne: experimental and theoretical studies on the competition between 1,2-CF bond addition and [2 + 2]-cycloaddition/β-fluoride elimination, Dalton Trans., 2013, 42, 4163–4174.
7. Xu WL, Wu GT, Yao W, Fan HJ*, Wu J, and Chen P*, Metal Amidoboranes: Superior Double-Hydrogen-Transfer Agents in the Reduction of Ketones and Imines, Chem. Eur. J. 2012, 18, 13885 – 13892. 8. Zhou CY, Ren ZF, Tan SJ, Ma ZB, Mao XC, Dai DX, Fan HJ,* Yang XM,* LaRue J, Cooper R, Wodtke AM, Wang Z, Li ZY, Wang B,* Yang JL and Hou JG, Site-specific photocatalytic splitting of methanol on TiO2(110), Chem. Sci., 2010, 1, 575–580.